We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Pizza lovers get a massive slice of the freebie action

Options

Comments

• Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Options
    bodacious wrote: »
    probably because MSE want to take the credit for finding it as the article says "Dr Oetker pizza glitch that gave buyers of a £1.50 frozen pizza unlimited free pizza was found by MSE's Charlotte Burns – aka Deals Hunter"

I think this is why people are not posting so many deals any more because MSE will probably steal your thunder by claiming it's their find.

I used to love this board, especially at this time of year as there was always loads of possible christmas pressies on.

It has really died a death now :(

It seems as if MSE staff can post anything on any board safe in the knowledge that their posts will remain where they put them while everyone else's are just moved willy nilly. The 1D stuff at Poundworld post is a prime example. If one of us had posted that it would have been promptly shifted to the Poundworld thread
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Payless wrote: »
    I used to love this board, especially at this time of year as there was always loads of possible christmas pressies on.

It seems as if MSE staff can post anything on any board safe in the knowledge that their posts will remain where they put them while everyone else's are just moved willy nilly. The 1D stuff at Poundworld post is a prime example. If one of us had posted that it would have been promptly shifted to the Poundworld thread

I completely agree!
  • RainbowDrops
    Options
    Tried this in Morrisons this evening, and it worked :)
  • mamboboy
    mamboboy Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2014 at 10:57PM
    Options
    I was the one who originally discovered this glitch method and posted it on HUKD.
    I've since seen it reposted here and various student deal Facebook pages... not one felt the need to give me recognition... but the utter gall of 'Deal Hunter' and Paloma Kubiak to actually claim discovery in the article here is pretty damn lame!
  • vpeake
    vpeake Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    they are selling them in asda for 1.50 now
    :j:j:j
  • meanmum
    meanmum Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I agree completely, I now go to HUKD instead - despite some of the community there being nowhere near as friendly as the old grabbit folk. Such a shame.
  • bodacious
    bodacious Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    It has really died a death now

I think this was always going to happen to this forum when a big corporation [STRIKE]got involved [/STRIKE] took over. It's all about 'chasing the dollar' for them, raising their profile by looking to be so clever at finding things - even if it means stamping on the 'little man' and bending the truth en route :mad:

I'm sure it doesn't matter to them what goes by the wayside in the meantime as long as they can be seen as great guys and the money rolls in.

I'm convinced it's the reason why people don't post as many deals any more because they'll only get nicked by the staff.

This board has really had its day.
  • Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Options
    bodacious wrote: »
    I think this was always going to happen to this forum when a big corporation [STRIKE]got involved [/STRIKE] took over. It's all about 'chasing the dollar' for them, raising their profile by looking to be so clever at finding things - even if it means stamping on the 'little man' and bending the truth en route :mad:

I'm sure it doesn't matter to them what goes by the wayside in the meantime as long as they can be seen as great guys and the money rolls in.

I'm convinced it's the reason why people don't post as many deals any more because they'll only get nicked by the staff.

This board has really had its day.

This is so true. It used to be like a community on here with lots of friendly banter.

It's such a shame :(
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Options
    It's easily fixed, of course. IMO I'd love to see things go back to how they were a couple of years ago - real QUICK HERE'S A GRABBIT!!! posts rather than everything filed under one thread.
  • bodacious
    bodacious Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Totality wrote: »
    It's easily fixed, of course.

not unless the staff stop nicking deals and claiming credit, it isn't. That's the reason people aren't posting deals any more.

Oh and stop breaking their own rules that they make everybody else abide by, and stop treating people as their unpaid deal hunters. I could go on. It isn't going to be fixed, either easily or not, because you have big business involved now.

It'll never go back to the lovely friendly place it once was, when everyone felt like a 'family' and we were all out to help each other, because it is now a big business that has to make profit, profit, profit - usually at the expense of other people.

Like I said, this board has had its day :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport