We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What are you Old Style goals? (longer term)

124»

Comments

  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Thank you doddsy :) I'm hoping so :D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I brought the sewing machine but still don't have the space for it. LOL

    I would like to have my own house and a vegetable patch.
    :heart: "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." :heart:
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Long term I'd like to sew some of my own clothes and make my own wine. Shorter term I'm hoping to grow a few veg in pots around the garden [I already have a herb bed and we managed tomatoes last year] I don't have any aspirations to do much more than that on the veggie front as I have to be honest and admit that I loathe gardening although I like the results. It's down there with cleaning the oven- has to be done but only with very bad grace!! I really admire all of you who have allotments!
    Aril
    Oh yes- I'd also like to make a rag rug using some fabrics I've dyed myself using natural materials.
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.