May 2015 Weddings

purple_butterfly28
purple_butterfly28 Posts: 119 Forumite
edited 30 October 2014 at 1:55PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Well thought I'd start a thread to see if there were any other brides or grooms getting married next May. My big day is 30th May 2015.
It's only 9 months away so creeping up on us fast.
I think I'm pretty organised, at least that's what everyone keeps telling me and last major things to organise are groom's and groomsmen's suits, invites, wedding rings and honeymoon.
Recently paid the deposit on the flowers and was pleased that the florist came under budget. :T Even though I'm having orchids in my bouquet and the top table decoration so was scared what the quote would be.

All the card and paper is ordered for making my invites in the next couple of weeks, though unsure if beginning of October is too early to send them out for next May however, we haven't done save the dates.

Biggest news was that I tried on my dress at the weekend (as it had arrived early) Was very scared since I found and ordered it back in April. But it fits (with a few minor adjustments) and still absolutely love it and feel incredible in it :D.

Let me know how you're getting on everyone.
We can keep each other from getting stressed although I feel very calm and it's still all surreal at times :rotfl:

2nd May - Sammy J, missmimo
3rd May - dundeediva
9th May - ceh209
24th May - hippychick1
30th May - purple_butterfly28, tinkerbellkirst, staple28, rainbowneeks

? Jessica88
Engaged 25/12/2013 :T
Marrying my gorgeous fiance 30/05/15 :D
Saving for the Wedding and Honeymoon :j

Comments

• staple28
    staple28 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Date twins!! Apart from you are freaking me out with how much you have organised now as we've only just booked our wedding. I know its not much time!

First thing which i am in the middle of doing is looking for a photogrpaher as a lot are already booked with it being so late. Have sent my save the dates out this week.
  • Hey Staple28
    Date twins yey :j
    I did originally want the bank holiday before, but wasn't allowed it due to fact football might have been on that date lol Oh is a huge Liverpool supporter.
    Don't worry about the time you've still got 9 months and I'm amazed at what I've managed so far in 9 months. You have you're venue which is the main thing.
    Tell me more about your plans and if you're anywhere around berkshire or buckinghamshire I may be able to help with supplier suggestions.
    Have you started looking at dresses yet? I was amazed at how much choice there was but managed to narrow the styles down pretty quick when started trying them on.

I'm hoping I can persuade a few girly friends to come help me next weekend with making invites, I'm sure prosecco, wine and pizza will work :rotfl:

Found the process of organising everything pretty straightforward so far though OH thinks that my spreadsheets are turning into a monster lol
  • I'm getting married in May next year too. My OH proposed a week ago and we booked the wedding yesterday for the 24th. So much to organise feel a little overwhelmed!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • ceh209
    ceh209 Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm 9th May :j

I think I'm pretty organised aswell, still need to get a DJ and order the stuff to make the invitations (have designed them already)

Going up to the venue again this weekend to talk to the wedding planner, then on to the bridal shop to try on my dress which has arrived, plus order the bridesmaids dresses.

The wine is sitting in our spare room, just waiting for an offer on the prosecco we want!
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
  • purple_butterfly28
    purple_butterfly28 Posts: 119 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2014 at 10:09AM
    Hey Hippychick1 and ceh209 more May weddings yey!
    Your getting married on Bank Holiday Sunday then HippyChick, did you find that cheaper than a Saturday wedding?

I found PDA Card and craft quite good prices for card etc when I ordered to make my own invites then bought stickers and fancy bits from HobbyCraft. Going to get covered in glue and paper etc this weekend making them hehe.

Luckily realised before printing all the invite inserts and details that I'd neglected to put RSVP address anywhere that would've been a howler!

Most exciting news this week was on Monday as me and OH had a day off we went and booked our honeymoon!! So excited I want to go now (even though have another holiday in 4 weeks first).
    Las Vegas for 4 nights then Mexico for 10 nights. Most expensive holiday I've ever been on but it came under what had budgetted for it so all good.

Keep thinking I've forgotten something obvious! But as Santa does I've made a list and keep checking it twice... then 3 times then 4 times!
  • Hi everyone!

I know the next thing i need to sort it my dress but i went to a wedding show at the weekend all the stall holders were freaking me out saying its getting too late! So thats next on my list but its so hard fitting in tme to dress shop between every day normal life.

We're ona bit of a budget so i am looking on ebay for centre pieces and favour ideas.

Whats everyone doig for hen doos??

xx
  • Hi all

Yes getting married on a Sunday is cheaper at our venue. £20 a head for three courses plus wine plus wedding cake plus a room for us on the wedding night. We just want to get married so booked somewhere fairly cheap so we could do it quickly! Family wouldn't forgive us if we just disappeared and got married.

Went to a wedding fair this week and like you staple was panicked about dresses!! Going to try and see if I can go looking soon. So far we have booked the registrar and the venue. Think I need to get a move on!!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • I'm a May 2015 bride too, 3rd May for me :)

So far I've booked venue, registrar, band and photographer. Going dress shopping on 5th October, if i dont find anything there i might panic a bit!!

The hotel we're using does all the catering etc so theres not much for me to organise really. OH kilts are getting hired so order is being put in next week. Other than that I don't think im in a rush for much else!
    Saving money like a trouper...
  • Our wedding is in Mai 2015 too :) Did you already send your save the date cards?? I am just thinking about and I am searching a print shop. Do you know this or can you suggest some? Thank you very much for your help. :)
  • tinkerbellkirst
    tinkerbellkirst Posts: 109 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2014 at 10:22PM
    Another date twin here, 30th May 2015 for us too.
    We still have a few little bits to sort but not much.
    We need to sort rings, i need to have mine made as my engagement ring is an odd shape so thats a big thing still to do.

So far we have booked/bought, Venue, Photographer, Cake, Decor, Brides dress, Bridesmaid Dresses, Band, Church, Hair, shoes, some jewellery, Save the Dates, Honeymoon and Hen do. We still need to sort ; Rings, flowers (had consultation but not put deposit down yet), Make-up, suits, invites (have someone making them but they arent done yet),

Kirsty :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport