🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ELITE 11+ glitch loving, barmy bargain hunters

Options

Comments

• nerfdad
    nerfdad Posts: 13,795 Forumite
    Options
    strewth71 wrote: »
    Funny you should say that nerf, OH was sying something similar but more about DS2 to channel his energy in a positive way while teaching him self defence. We had a mini debate about which martial art was the best one to choose for him. I think DD2 would get a lot out of it too...off to google classes :cool:

They would get so much out off it:cool::T:T
  • Brusine
    Brusine Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    EMMAP wrote: »
    Aww nuts. I'm sorry Brusine. He could have arrived as late as 9 and probably still gotten a pair at Schuh. I think some people did leave empty handed but not many. I was tempted to try Carnaby assuming Schuh would be mental but it was actually ok.

Will wait for next time they do something as I love Docs and got loads 2 years ago in their sample sale but still would love new shiny pair for the price of sandwich :)

Btw Debenhams Oxford street are doing kids eat free (same as they did around Easter) till 7th september, if anyone with kids nearby.
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Back from Birmingham

Visited my friend who is quite ill with TTP but they have caught it in time :T
    Eventually found her on the 6th floor in QE hospital & then a 5 mile walk to find ward
    Found her some lovely slippers for £2 in Primark & took her loads of BS stuff & some Butlers Chocs ;)
    She is covered in tiny red blood spots - was tempted to start dot to dot :o
    Then I had to go all the way back to foyer to get her mints & a Costa latte - that took nearly 45 minutes :o
    Spent longer than I planned but it was worth it ♥ She really appreciated my visit ♥
    Spent last hour in Birmingham & couldn't find any cheap shampoos or perfumes in Boots :(
    But did get these lovelies ;)

23hau76.jpg

glad you friend is ok :j sounds like you spoilt her :A
    they look so nice would love one now :drool:
  • Mildred1970
    Options

Back from Birmingham

Eventually found her on the 6th floor in QE hospital & then a 5 mile walk to find ward
    Found her some lovely slippers for £2 in Primark & took her loads of BS stuff & some Butlers Chocs ;)
    Then I had to go all the way back to foyer to get her mints & a Costa latte - that took nearly 45 minutes :o
    Spent longer than I planned but it was worth it ♥ She really appreciated my visit ♥
    Spent last hour in Birmingham & couldn't find any cheap shampoos or perfumes in Boots :(

23hau76.jpg

Glad they've caught it for your friend in time :T

Snap I could just snaffle all those donuts down, 2 handed, just shovelling them in :o

PS Like the snowman mug, very festive :T
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    right time to go up to bed :p got a c c to collect first thing:)
    take care everyone xx

funny i still say up to bed but have lived in a bungalow for 14 years:o:o say it to the boys and they refuse to sleep on the roof :rotfl:
  • strewth71
    strewth71 Posts: 1,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Back from Birmingham

23hau76.jpg
    Your cakes look way better than mine :(

DD1 and DS1 both ahd HSP when they were little. DD1 had little red dots all over her legs and beehind to begin with, she then developed temporary juvenile arthritis, the dots turned into awful big purple fluid filled blisters which have left bad scars on her :( The rash spread up her body like a wave over a week or 2 and she spent over a week in hospital with it. She even got it on her face and her eyes swelled up leaving her with 2 black eyes and she couldn't walk for 2 weeks because of the arthritis. It was awful. Luckily her kidneys were not affected as in some cases. DS1 had a minor rash, no arthritis but his kidneys were affected but not seriously.

Your friend is lucky to have such a thoughtful pal :T
  • Mildred1970
    Options
    This photo was on my FB feed just now

natochoir_zps1f0d66b2.jpg

Some wag has commented ''One day in Wales and they've already formed a choir''

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Mildred1970
    Options
    nerfdad wrote: »
    They would get so much out off it:cool::T:T

Totally agree, among other things it's a real confidence booster :T
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek:

Arrived home & SKY has disconnected - no Eastenders, Homes under the Hammer taped :o
    Can't pause or rewind :o

We gave our notice into SKY as we [STRIKE]bought[/STRIKE] got free a Humax box with Ts CC boost :D

But neither of us could remember the disconnect date & thought SKY may have forgotten.... :rotfl::rotfl:

Will have to set up the Humax tomorrow
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 4 September 2014 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Got my 2 mystery cases of fizz today, just opening them now :D
    So exciting...
    Case 1
    Linoti Sauvignon Blanc (looks cheap) £12 :eek:
    Georges D'Albot Champagne £30
    Freixenet £6.66 (need a devil smiley)
    Andre Carpentier Champagne £13.49
    Monistrol Champagne £13
    Ahh, and to save the day
    Lanson. £23.99