🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ELITE 11+ glitch loving, barmy bargain hunters

Options

Comments

• EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 September 2014 at 10:09PM
    Options
    Brusine wrote: »
    Couldnt get there myself and DH went alone to Carnaby street at 5am, guess what happened :( didnt get any :( tried to convince to go to Schuh but he stayed as some people said Carnaby has about 300pairs which was not true. Ehhh stubborn men...
    Well done! (Jealous face)

Aww nuts. I'm sorry Brusine. He could have arrived as late as 9 and probably still gotten a pair at Schuh. I think some people did leave empty handed but not many. I was tempted to try Carnaby assuming Schuh would be mental but it was actually ok.
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • nerfdad
    nerfdad Posts: 13,795 Forumite
    Options
    strewth71 wrote: »
    They are such a worry and it never ends does it :( DD2 messaged me today - message read "some idiot girl just threw a water bottle at my head" That set me up for a whole day worrying that she was the target for bullies :mad: and thinking she spent the day crying, she is so sensitive. I spent the day ranting on to OH about getting it sorted and nipping it in the bud...then she came home smiling :T She said she had been upset at the time, it was 2 year 9s that had done it :mad: She enjoyed her lessons after that though and started chatting to a couple of girls in her house so she soon got over "the water incident" as she is calling it :rotfl:

It may help to get DD2 into something like teakwondo:o
    Ds1 who is 11 is a black belt and it teaches the kids so much:cool:
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    They are such a worry and it never ends does it :( DD2 messaged me today - message read "some idiot girl just threw a water bottle at my head" That set me up for a whole day worrying that she was the target for bullies :mad: and thinking she spent the day crying, she is so sensitive. I spent the day ranting on to OH about getting it sorted and nipping it in the bud...then she came home smiling :T She said she had been upset at the time, it was 2 year 9s that had done it :mad: She enjoyed her lessons after that though and started chatting to a couple of girls in her house so she soon got over "the water incident" as she is calling it :rotfl:

that is good to hear that she is making friends,:T the older girls should know better:mad: hope things improve with dd1 and the pain stops her and her baby will be in my thoughts and prayers xxx
  • strewth71
    strewth71 Posts: 1,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T
    Strewth, hope dd feeling better soon and it's just the stent settling. Horrible for all of you I'm sure. ((Hug))

Emmap, bit jealous of gorgeous boots. Lived in my docs when in high school.

In other news... think my As is total pants atm. No reductions on laundry or anything, never had 10p toms, no mags, and already posted that impulse trigger no longer a goer as they've rtc'd it! :mad:

Thanks LBB, trying not to overthink things - OH said I am glass half full today :rotfl:

My As had no laundry rtcs either, was in there today, did manage to spend a £9.48 apg no problem though - was explaining to OH about trouts and tits :rotfl:

I am touched by nerfys outlook on his situation, the little nerfys are very lucky to have such a lovely, positive dad :T

EMMAP - soooo jealous of your boots, well done! I was considering getting OH to drive from Manchester to Leeds to try to get a pair but he was having none of it :eek: Have to let him off though as he is on the second of three 12 hour night shifts.
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    fresh prawns for tea were so good even ds2 who hates them ate a few, boys so impressed with the way they change colour :p so much nicer than frozen ones, fingers crossed that he keeps getting them while the pots are out, still holding out for a nice lobster:D

going to start drying apple slices tomorrow as we picked a lot of eating ones from the tree boys like dried cinnamon slices, or dipped in blackberry and dried :D
  • Mildred1970
    Options
    Evening all :wave:
    Unfortunately there are around 2,000 police between me and Cardiff. :eek::eek:

NATO flypast tomorrow at 8.30am :T

http://penarthnews.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/penarth-stands-by-for-tomorrow-mornings-nato-flypast/

I'm going to miss all the police when they go, kind of got used to them being around in great numbers :o

And DS has thoroughly enjoyed making me drive up to and beep at as many police vans as possible in As, Ts, B&Q, M4 roundabouts etcetc just so he can get them to wave to him :rotfl:

The flypast should be good, hope they come this far across :T
  • strewth71
    Options
    nerfdad wrote: »
    It may help to get DD2 into something like teakwondo:o
    Ds1 who is 11 is a black belt and it teaches the kids so much:cool:

Funny you should say that nerf, OH was sying something similar but more about DS2 to channel his energy in a positive way while teaching him self defence. We had a mini debate about which martial art was the best one to choose for him. I think DD2 would get a lot out of it too...off to google classes :cool:
  • strewth71
    Options
    Thanks LBB, trying not to overthink things - OH said I am glass half full today :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:I meant empty not full :rotfl::rotfl:
  • strewth71
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    fresh prawns for tea were so good even ds2 who hates them ate a few, boys so impressed with the way they change colour :p so much nicer than frozen ones, fingers crossed that he keeps getting them while the pots are out, still holding out for a nice lobster:D

going to start drying apple slices tomorrow as we picked a lot of eating ones from the tree boys like dried cinnamon slices, or dipped in blackberry and dried :D

Sounds lovely :) So hungry, nice brew and cake coming up for me I think. Only had chicken and veg for tea :( Trying to be good cutting down on carbs - not a good idea me thinks
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

Back from Birmingham

Visited my friend who is quite ill with TTP but they have caught it in time :T
    Eventually found her on the 6th floor in QE hospital & then a 5 mile walk to find ward
    Found her some lovely slippers for £2 in Primark & took her loads of BS stuff & some Butlers Chocs ;)
    She is covered in tiny red blood spots - was tempted to start dot to dot :o
    Then I had to go all the way back to foyer to get her mints & a Costa latte - that took nearly 45 minutes :o
    Spent longer than I planned but it was worth it ♥ She really appreciated my visit ♥
    Spent last hour in Birmingham & couldn't find any cheap shampoos or perfumes in Boots :(
    But did get these lovelies ;)

23hau76.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport