edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
14 replies 3.2K views
2»

Replies

• tizerbelletizerbelle Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    After all that turns out they shouldn't have sent the email requesting meter readings.

This isn't really boosting my confidence in them as a supplier. Okay Eon are more expensive but at least I hadn't had any issues at all with them in the 6 years I've been with them.

Here's today's email:
    Thank you for your email.

Please accept my apologies for the meter readings request email that you received; this was sent to you in error.

Your expected supply start date with The Co-operative Energy is 24/09/2014, as such we will be unable to register opening meter readings until nearer this date.

Apologies again for the incorrect email that you received.
  • r2015r2015 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    Okay Eon are more expensive but at least I hadn't had any issues at all with them in the 6 years I've been with them.

That is the only reason I am leaving Eon, cost.

I have a separate bank account that my DDs come out of so if any are not collected the money still stays there so even if my gas and electricity DDs are not collected for a year or so the money will still be there.

So I am not bothered about late bills or missing readings, as long as it all tallies at the end of the tariff when I change to elsewhere if cheaper tariffs are available their CS quality doesn't bother me.

It's still the same gas and electricity as my neighbours are paying more to SG and Hydro Electric
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • tizerbelle wrote: »
    After all that turns out they shouldn't have sent the email requesting meter readings.

This isn't really boosting my confidence in them as a supplier. Okay Eon are more expensive but at least I hadn't had any issues at all with them in the 6 years I've been with them.

Here's today's email:

Had exactly the same experience myself, made worse in my case by having to re-register my password on three consecutive visits to the website. Not at all impressed.
  • Well, I left co-op energy in June. Been with them over 2 years, but my account was in a terrible state. All my online statements disappeared, and at one stage I had two electricity meters on my account. The final straw was when they increased my direct debit by £18 a month, despite my having no problems, and without consulting me.
    As I said, I left in June, and my account has still not been closed, nor credits refunded.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals