🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Galaxy s4

Options
does anyone know how to change the number on "my number " on A galaxy s4 it comes up with the number on the temporary number I got for a few days whilst my number got transferred from my old provider..Its greyed out not sure how to enter my number

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you can't as this number is stored in the sim card ROM.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I couldn't do it on my Samsung Galaxy S3

I have an old Sony Ericsson W715 and that can do it that's what i used to do mine there are other phones out there that can do it to.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had to do that with every SIM I've had for the past few years! Stupid porting.

You'll need to borrow a phone with the capability to edit the 'my number' entry on the SIM.

I've used a Sony Ericsson, an HTC Typhoon, an Alcatel and a Galaxy S3 running CM.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rusty! wrote: »
    You'll need to borrow a phone with the capability to edit the 'my number' entry on the SIM.

I've used a Sony Ericsson, an HTC Typhoon, an Alcatel and a Galaxy S3 running CM.

You can add the iPhone to that list as well.
    ====
  • pepdavies
    pepdavies Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    There is an xposed module called SIM number changer that worked for me on my Nexus 5. Obviously requires root but then you can remove it afterwards. Perhaps a more descriptive thread title would be useful here.
  • Zebrdee
    Zebrdee Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately, when I tried to change my old Ovivo number now on a 3 SIM, my old Sony Ericsson wouldn't recognise the SIM card.

Worth a try though.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    You can add the iPhone to that list as well.

How do you do it on the iPhone?
    I ask because my wife changed her number over from O2 to 3 and i couldn't find it anywhere so i ended up doing it on my Sony Ericsson.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Galaxy s4
    does anyone know how to change the number on "my number " on A galaxy s4 it comes up with the number on the temporary number I got for a few days whilst my number got transferred from my old provider..Its greyed out not sure how to enter my number

Why not just add an extra contact, to your contacts list, titled 'mynewnumber' along with your new number !!
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because that's not the same thing ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income