AOL refund problem

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
7 replies 826 views
Susan1942Susan1942 Forumite
1.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I changed from AOL to Talk Talk following a call I made to AOL As part of the package AOL were to give me a refund of £53 40 This has not happened despite me calling them several times Each time I contact them they say they will process the refund and that it will be in my bank in 5-7 days
This has happened 3-4 times and I am wondering if I should simply give up ? I tell them that I no longer have a direct debit for them but they tell me they still have my bank details I did not cancel the DD but it is not showing on my Current account
I am swithering about calling them and giving them my Bank Details so they can process the refund or ask them to send my a cheque or as I have said forget it
Not happy of course but it just seems so much trouble Views would be appreciated !
Many thanks Sue

Replies

• barncopxxbarncopxx Forumite
    117 Posts
    Susan1942 wrote: »
    I changed from AOL to Talk Talk following a call I made to AOL As part of the package AOL were to give me a refund of £53 40 This has not happened despite me calling them several times Each time I contact them they say they will process the refund and that it will be in my bank in 5-7 days
    This has happened 3-4 times and I am wondering if I should simply give up ? I tell them that I no longer have a direct debit for them but they tell me they still have my bank details I did not cancel the DD but it is not showing on my Current account
    I am swithering about calling them and giving them my Bank Details so they can process the refund or ask them to send my a cheque or as I have said forget it
    Not happy of course but it just seems so much trouble Views would be appreciated !
    Many thanks Sue
    No, whatever you do, don't give up! You were promised a refund as part of your changeover and it is their obligation to honour their side of the deal. Next step, register an official complaint to AOL, and make sure you get a complaint reference number along with a target resolution date. That's your money!
  • Susan1942Susan1942 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that You are right but I feel like a nuisance chasing them up all the time It is a bit embarrasing but I will persist

Thanks again

Sue
  • zee_2zee_2 Forumite
    566 Posts
    been with aol for 10 years no problem, just contact customer service 3years ago was given £120 credit for some unknown reason and my monthly a/c was paid by this each month until used up.
    now have renewed 12 month contract [aol talk talk is 1 comp now]
    new contract phone line/24-7 free landline calls/100 free minutes mobile calls from landline ect free changeover router ,unlimited b/b ,all for under £20 month ,customer services 8pm at night could not have been more helpfull.there is now a £50 monthly free cap on mobile and landline calls [abuse?]
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response I have just spoken to AOL again I talked with a Manager after initial conversation with another agent I have informed that they will send me a cheque for £53 79 which is the amount due to me.
    My problem was that when I called AOL back in June they talked me into changing over to TT and offered me all sorts of incentives to do so including free line rental for 12 months I have got unlimited Broadband Any time local and national calls and all International Calls as part of the package The money owing to me was a refund for part of a month due to the change over as well as the £50 for the change I think I ran into the problem as they owed me money and I was no longer using their service so no bills to pay to deduct from the credit My currrent account was no longer showing AOL as one of my DD I think TT must have stopped this when the account was changed I have been told that the cheque will be with me in 5-7 days I will see ?
    Thanks for encouraging me not to give up Will update you when and if I receive the cheque as promised.
    Many thanks again Sue
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    An update I have received this am a cheque from AOL TT for the £53 79 the agreed refund So result !
    Again thank for encouraging me not to give up

Sue
  • edited 3 September 2014 at 9:14PM
    barncopxxbarncopxx Forumite
    117 Posts
    edited 3 September 2014 at 9:14PM
    Well done Sue! That money is far better in your pocket than theirs!
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you