PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Friday 29th August

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Another day, another dash but TGIF.

Elona - that has to be good news and all positive, healing vibes possible to your DH and love and hugs to you and your family x

Hi and welcome to Maitane :hello:

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day.

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning :)

Feeling so exhausted after yesterday but couldn't sleep for fretting and OH was not in a very good mood all evening :( I'm sure we will manage but it is not going to be easy.

No idea what today will bring. I am running low on energy but it's chip shop night so no need to do any cooking :) Hopefully after a couple of coffees I will have more of an idea what's in store for the day :o

elona Hopefully there will be a more suitable treatment plan that looks more promising.
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light – sky doesn’t have too many clouds in it – so possibly we’ll get some sunshine.

DH up and gone to work early but not stupid early.

Dinner last night was an easy chicken and mushroom slice, chips, beans and salad for the menfolk. I had a jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad. Tonight I’m not sure but have got a few different bits in, so it’ll be something quite easy.

Had a better night’s sleep last night, actually managed to sleep without so much tossing and turning and not being able to get comfortable. Hoping this will continue.

I re-organised car insurance yesterday afternoon so DS1 is now able to drive my car – eye wateringly expensive but at the moment I need someone to take me or go in a taxi – at least he can take me where I need to go without the need to trouble everyone else. I’ve paid for the whole year – so he’s going to pay half towards it. Also it means that I can get out from the house – even if it’s just a ride to the local town and I sit in the car whilst he goes and does a few errands.

Have a great Friday everyone x

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks a bit brighter here today we are meant to be getting the hot weather back next week :D

Bouncy castle day at work today so it will be very busy with lots of children :eek: but its Friday and I an not working this weekend :D

Dinner tonight will be either meatballs or an omelette, depending on what time I get in.

DD is off out for the night so its just OH and I in, will have to get used to it, its only a few days till she moves out !!

Elona glad the news was a bit more positive xx

Have good days all xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Morning all,

A little overcast here but yesterday was lovely. Nver 2 days the same, but they are promising summer is back next week :)

ELONA a bit of hope to hold on to, I hope they decide radiotherapy would be helpful, hugs to you and your DH

JUDI I am so sorry about Soldier, does your DD know whether it is epilepsy, or whether the fit was brought about by something else? Poor boy it must have been so frightening for all of them.

Not much planned for today, a little shopping. Yesterday Himself hoovered upstairs, I did downstairs, and I moved the furniture in the sitting room round. I had planned to do that last week but didn't manage it. I have upset the cat though because I have moved her chair, it is still in the room but not in the exact place she was used to. She took to the settee last night :)

Washing is up to date just the bathroom to clean.

Have a good day everyone, and hugs to all poorlies and anyone who would like one.

Candlelightx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Elona - Pleased to hear some positive news, you must have had a better nights sleep.
    nmlc - glad you enjoyed your holiday but ouch! Good idea putting DS on your insurance. Perhaps he could drop you at a coffee shop while he does the errands?
    Judi - Hope the baby gets well soon.
    HH - What a bar steward.

Hugs to those not feeling so good, Molly how are you? TTFTM - how are you after a few days back at work?

It's raining! After yesterdays poor start it turned into a very warm and sunny day. Don't think we are going to be so lucky today. Got back from the hospice last night and DD had cooked sausages and veg for tea - very nice, she got the broccoli just right. Lovely to have tea cooked for a change. She had been on a training day and got in quite early.

Washing going on the airers, DW to go on when I get home later. MUST dust the living room today - things have been moved and now show the dust!

DS2 heard yesterday that his offer for the apartment in The Hague had been accepted, he offered less twice (IYSWIM) thinking that the second one would be rejected he is buying from a housing assoc. Turned out he was the only one interested (worrying?) so it's his. Now need to get the money out to him - thanks DG for the advice. Exciting times, he must feel quite grown up!

Going to buy a cauli on my way home as I fancy cauli cheese for tea. Have a good Friday. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]caz Urgh teenagers, it's like an alien has suddenly taken over :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester I have no words. Unbelievable :mad:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Judi I hope the little man is OK [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]nmlc Ouch! Hope it heals quickly [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm glad you've had good news elona[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Maitane[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]:coffee:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mr tru asked if I thought he had everything. I looked at the pile of stuff in the hall and asked why he had the camping cooker, gas, etc. He looked puzzled - “For cooking the food”. Me - “Oh. What food?”. Him - “Errrrm. Master tru, we need to go shopping”. :rotfl: :rotfl: I was going to nip into town to get some fresh stuff but I'll go with them now. They're not leaving til 12pm – dammit :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's windy and raining here so after we've been shopping I'll stay indoors. I'm going to change the bed – king size with clean sheets, all to myself! Bliss :D I've decided to have a spa-at-home weekend. I'll do some exercise then plonk myself on the sofa with some healthy food – not sure what yet – and watch a film. Something with monsters, I think. Then a short yoga session and a hot shower. Miss tru is out with her boyfriend tonight, so I'll do a bit of crochet later then have an early night. I want to get up and at it early tomorrow :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    edited 29 August 2014 at 9:10AM
    Options
    Morning everyone
    I slept 11pm - 6am with waking up several times in between.
    I snore terribly so it worries me going to sleep.

I put the WM on and made a coffee. Opened the back door so the dog can go out.

I have some sewing to do. Making a new cover for a cot quilt and a cover for a neck pillow for someone else.

Dinner tonight = I am making egg and bacon flan and a cheese and onion flan.

About 7pm I shall do my bit and walk the dog for a wile.
    Hopefully Oh will walk her as well.
    I bought some new dog toys yesterday. A rubber bone and ring. A red ball that claimed indestructible on the packet.
    I do not think the rubber bone will last long although it was claimed to be a tough toy. That dog has strong chewing teeth.

Washing now blowing away on line.
    I have picked todays handfull of beans from our garden. Going to freeze them for winter.
    Dog has checked to see id she can reach any more red raspberries. She is such a thief. Has pulled up most of the beetroot and chewed up on the grass. The evedance is in her red tongue :0/.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning from Glasgow.

As predicted yesterday the skies opened with a vengeance in Aberdeen and I got wet on my short walk down to the station. I caught an earlier than planned train which was the fast one so it was good all round.

Got texts from OH telling how wet and muddy it is at the Dorset Steam Fair and felt sorry for him.

Taking mum to outpatients and then heading off home. Tonight is Chinese takeaway night, so looking forward to it as we missed last week.

Need shopping on the way but not too much. Just milk and bread really as the freezer is full and I'll get eggs from the farmer.

Haven't finished reading yesterday's thread so I will sprinkle random best wishes over everyone.

Happy Friday. :j
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning,

Pouring down this morning,will have to dig my waterproof out for the dogwalking,& no blackberry picking for me today-got soaked yesterday when it suddenly poured after a lovely start.Happy with the amount I got yesterday but didnt get any elderberry,thats in another field to where I decided to go.I'm going to give some to my dogwalking neighbour as she asked me to go picking with her but she had to go with her disabled son to hospital.Having said that she is bad on her pins and walks with a stick and its very uneven where I went.

We should get the keys to our new house today,the solicitors have had the money since Tuesday so hopefully no snags apart from actually picking the keys up with DH working miles away.The EA is right over on the other side of town so he'll have to try and finish a bit earlier.

The cupboard is bare here,really struggled to do the workers packed lunches-havent done a proper shop this week,we meant to but it never happened :o Might do an online shop as weekends are going to be taken up with house renovation now :eek:
    The shepherds pie I made yesterday was nice though DGD didnt eat much,she doesnt seem to like proper food :( though I do my best,I sneaked a few peas /carrots in and she said in a cross suspicious voice ' what are those solid green things in there ?':rotfl:Cheek,they weren't that solid! She's 3 next month.She was fascinated though by my first attempt at gel nails,(pretty succesful LynsayJane thanks)I'd chosen a glittery white polish but when you get cold it changes to pink,she thought I was doing magic tricks-had to keep putting my hands under the cold tap :D
    Elona ,so pleased you have the prospect of some treatment for DH .
    tru-enjoy your spa weekend :)
    Right,off to find that waterproof,its bouncing down.Hope its a good day for you all xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure