🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2

Options

Comments

• sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Laurell wrote: »
    How do you get Memepoints on reviews?

I think you need to be an affiliate member also.
    @ WillowCat2002 And this is another way to earn points

Glossybox offer: sign up for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription, use code LUCKYDIP and get 1 out of 4 bestelling boxes from the past year.

Love me Beauty offer: use code NEWBIE09 and get 1 extra credit and one Weleda Calendula Massage oil. offer ends 30/9/14 Offer available for the first 300 customers
  • ailsajane87
    ailsajane87 Posts: 162 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2014 at 6:51PM
    Options
    sn1987a wrote: »
    I think you need to be an affiliate member also.
    @ WillowCat2002 And this is another way to earn points

Glossybox offer: sign up for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription, use code LUCKYDIP and get 1 out of 4 bestelling boxes from the past year.

Love me Beauty offer: use code NEWBIE09 and get 1 extra credit and one Weleda Calendula Massage oil. offer ends 30/9/14 Offer available for the first 300 customers

some good offers there, like the sound of the glossybox. i wonder which months box it will be. I hate how LMB are offering to first 300 customers only. seems like a ploy to get more customers, they could turn round and tell everyone they missed the offer! unlikely but you never know. I also have a code for 1 extra credit if anyone wants it SDAQOF.
  • Alidolly
    Options
    Had ordered a Memebox a few weeks ago but on seeing the spoiler, didnt fancy it so decided to cancel. Sent them an email first thing this morning (8pm their time) and by 3pm this avo had a refund and email confirming cancellation which is really quick! No questions asked as to why I was cancelling - just a fast efficient refund. :T
  • sn1987a
    Options
    some good offers there, like the sound of the glossybox. i wonder which months box it will be.

The email says that it could be the Best of British, Seaside Splash or another surprise box. So it could be really anything! My guess, it will be the box that sold the least!

I also received the YBD email. I think it wasn't fair what happened, neither to them or to us. Some websites posted half the information, and customers thought they get a free box... I wouldn't expect them to give the box for free to us. I think their email was a bit dry, but they did offer some reasonable options. Except that 5 days to post the box back is not a reasonable amount of time. On the other hand I understand that they need to know whether you want the subscription or not before the release of the October boxes...

I will keep my subscription for two more months. I think they offer good value boxes. I will cancel afterwards and buy a box only when there is something I really like. I have quite some memeboxes coming in November to keep me busy!
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Got an email off Selfridges this morning to advertise this Laura Mercier Beauty Box http://www.selfridges.com/en/laura-mercier-sampling-box_304-3001489-12615779/ I won't be buying it as I probably wouldn't use most of the stuff in it and £35 is a lot (although probably a good price for LM?)
  • Flygal
    Flygal Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Got an email off Selfridges this morning to advertise this Laura Mercier Beauty Box http://www.selfridges.com/en/laura-mercier-sampling-box_304-3001489-12615779/ I won't be buying it as I probably wouldn't use most of the stuff in it and £35 is a lot (although probably a good price for LM?)

I got this too but I couldn't figure out exactly what was in it! Were the items listed anywhere?
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Discover Laura Mercier with this hand-picked selection of Laura’s most iconic products for you to indulge in. In celebration of the brand new counter at our Oxford Street store, the Sampling Box contains the Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Lip Glace in Bare Baby, Cheek Colour Brush, Verbena Infusion Gel Body Moisture, Foundation Primer, Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Nude, Full Blown Volume Supreme Lash Building Mascara in Black and a Laura Mercier Cosmetics Bag.
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Flygal
    Flygal Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Grannyx2 thanks! It was right there wasn't it? I clicked on georgiegirls link just now! Thanks, I think I must be going mad! Probably the lack of sleep with kids keeping me up all night!! ��
  • Alidolly
    Options
    For those who like Memebox, CutiepieMarzia has released another collaboration box...and it contains a free gift!

http://us.memebox.com/cutiepiemarzia/collaboration-box-4-memebox-x-cutiepiemarzia-2#.VCk7qRG9KK0

According to the blurb, items are worth over 122 dollars and a cute Tony Moly apple. Box costs 23 dollars plus shipping and will be sent out 23rd October.

The Halloween box also has a spoiler - red liquid lipstick that looks like blood! :eek:
  • ailsajane87
    Options
    Email I just received from you beauty. Glad they are finally doing something to please their customers. !!Apparently setting your alarm so you can do a spot of midnight beauty shopping isn't top of your list...We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve our service and we genuinely value your feedback. When we heard that some of our members were repeatedly struggling to get their hands on our more popular products we did a spot of communal brow furrowing and decided to make things as fair as possible for all of our members.As of midnight the 30th September, we will start to temporarily close the Members Box page on the last day of the month at midnight whilst we perform some routine maintenance and behind-the-scenes jiggery pokery, we will then launch the new monthly shortlist at!7am!on the 1st of the month. So no need to wait up until midnight to select your beauty favourites anymore,!7am!is the new 'in' time!Sure, it's still a case of the early bird catching the good stuff, but we'd rather that than a gaggle of exhausted birds catching dark shadows and wrinkles - yikes, the irony!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport