PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Thursday 28th August

Options
124»

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Feeling cold today, sunny but house is not very warm.....happily OH seems warm enough so heating wont be going on.

Had big salad before main meal of lamb, cabbage, leeks and potato, followed by coffee cake, really good and at least 5 of my 5 a day, happy about that.

Julie....so jealous every time you mention Australia, cant see being able to make another trip any time soon and have yet to get to Uluru, Alice or Darwin, such a big country and it has also become very expensive....I can but dream at present...

Hugs to all in need or want of one, stay safe and well

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've had such a difficult day Judi (((Hugs)))
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had a slightly more hopeful hospital visit.

Seems skin cancer has moved to a difficult area and surgery may not be possible. After a couple more scans it might be possible to come up with a plan for more radiotherapy so fingers crossed.

Made mince with veg as stuffed aubergines and a version as cottage pie for DH. Had rhubarb and soya custard for afters and DDs made him a couple of juices.

Discussing putting the house up for sale next month so we can downsize eventually but don't want him under extra stress so just trying to take things step by step.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great news Elona, fingers crossed xx
    Judi-hugs to you xx
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to all,

I hope everyone is getting by as well as possible. I've been lurking again but decided to post again after seeing the 'lost my OS ways' thread as I need to get back to the sensible ways of OS fully.

Today as I've been off poorly and bored out of my mind, I audited my cupboards and freezer then made a curry and some 'chuck in all in the pot soup' from the fridge raiding.
    Somehow it all turned out pretty good although I had to buy a new blender today as the one I've had since 2007 finally broke this week after vast amounts of use.

Mr Mai even had a bit of good news come his way and the CPP reclaim gave him over £120 for something he didn't realise he had.
    £20 of that went on our new blender and the other £100 will be changed into euros for our upcoming honeymoon. :-)
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Maitane pleased to have you on board and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

Elona, so glad that radiotherapy may be an option for your DH.
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Judi. I've tried to be very MSE about it and it seems that telling people that I'm having an early 30th rather than a wedding is a good trick. We're less than a month away but everything seems to have been sorted by my mum.

Mr Mai has just proved his worth a bit more a few minutes ago and removed the biggest spider we've had indoors this year while I stood on the sofa and tried not to scream. He was pretty uncomfortable with the size of the spider himself but still got rid of it. Far better than a bunch of flowers ;-)
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ELONA that's the best news and something to hold on to for the time being, the future will take care of itself love but for now you have hope and that is a very good thing. I'm so pleased that it's not as bleak now as it must have been for you this morning, magic!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure