🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mobiles.co.uk question for O2 contract

Options
I am in the process of buying a new phone (M8) and have found what appears to be a good deal on mobiles.co.uk

They are offering vaqrious contracts on their website with o2.

Looking at unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 5Gb of data per month. However they are offering contracts at £33, £38, £43 aand £48. Phone is free with all of them so they are exactly the same thing (unfort I cant post link here).

Not sure if their syatem is not working or this is some kind of scam. This contract on the 02 site is £38 per month.

I am worried that I sign up to the £33 tariff and then they try top charge me £38 (or more) and I then have to waste time sorting it out.

Anyone tried buying this contract?

Thanks

Comments

• nidO
    nidO Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    I think the OP's confusion is that the site lists 4 different deals for the same phone with the same tarrif at different costs, ie:

http://goo.gl/fvd91x (link shortened because its massive)

So, I think the op's query is not just about the cheapest deal being cheaper than O2 direct, but the obvious error/fault in having the same tarrif + phone listed at 4 different prices.
  • rob_the_runner
    rob_the_runner Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 August 2014 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Thanks for both spotting this.

I agree four identical tariffs at different prices can be confusing for a visitor. The £38, £43 and £48 tariffs are going to be removed shortly. The £33 will be the only one with 5GB on the M8.

Hope this helps

Rob
  • drdes11
    drdes11 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Rob - can you confirm that this is a 4G tariff?
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    Rob, Not wishing to be a killjoy but you may wish to check with the fourm team what you are allowed to post here.

The "Official" mobiles.co.uk representative has not been seen since 2011 - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.html?u=819635

Company representative need to follow some set rules See - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=781221
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport