🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Great "Self Discipline" Hunt

Options
15678911»

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well things that have worked for me are:
    • Move out of London (lots of things are cheaper, there's less shopping temptation, and people organise things in advance so you can budget - no more somehow winding up in v expensive bars :rolleyes: )
    • Stop hanging out with people who don't understand your priorities. I miss my buddy with the Jimmy Choo fixation, but it's also nice to find people who agree with me that no shoes are worth £900 (I suppose I would make an exception for ruby slippers that flew me home! ;) )
    • Remember that style has nothing to do with money (point helpfully proved by above-mentioned shoe queen who said 'ooh I love your sandals, where did you get those' til I answered 'Shoefayre, £8' - then she decided she didn't like them so much any more???!!
    • I've barred myself from any homewares departments (my Achilles heel!) other than Wilko's, Primark and Woolies. Trips to Ikea are on a quarterly basis and supervised by my dad!
    • I'm another FlyLady flybaby and although it's not a directly money saving thing, having the house organised means I invite people here rather than going out or staying with them - saves on petrol/ trains, meals out, etc.
    Oh and I'm also another refund fan! Anything I'm not sure about, I hang outside the wardrobe for a couple of days and if it doesn't make me smile every time I see it then it goes back.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills