We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HELP: Amazon Seller cancelled sale due to "price error"

Options
2»

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am calm, I just don't see why they don't honour the purchase seeing as I had already paid for it.
    If I bought something in Tesco, for example, which was listed at X price but was supposed to be Y price, once I have paid for the product it is mine and they can't ask for it back because it's their mistake.
    Have you not read the first two replies you got?

What do their T&Cs say?

Was just wondering if I could claim bait and switch?
    That question has also been answered already.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 August 2014 at 5:32PM
    Options
    From the Amazon Order Confirmation email:
    This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched.
    Did you receive the Dispatch Confirmation ?
  • Money-Saving-King
    Options
    Was just wondering if I could claim bait and switch?

I'm claiming I think your actions are just greed.

It also all looks very desperate to me. You can't take no for an answer so then in desperation you try and find another way to force what you want. Surely you can figure out whether it's bait & switch or not? It's obvious how to, if the seller keeps doing this then it would be. However a one off mistake isn't. It's pretty obvious it's a one off mistake so therefore no, it's not bait & switch.
  • Geodark
    Geodark Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have lost out on a PS3 which I had paid for and assumed was on it's way to me. I also have purchased some games and no longer have a console to play them on.

You havent lost out on anything as you didnt have it in the first place, I take it you done want to take the answers you have been given?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport