save £6

Options
13»

Comments

• dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh maybe it was because it was quite (well quite for Alton Towers) But they were very strict on who had a red wrist band.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just to say that ive been to alton towers again today for my daughters virthday ( free sun tickets)
    i showed my council registration card and was given a RED wristband and was seated in the rear seats for every ride
  • dave030445
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    just to say that ive been to alton towers again today for my daughters virthday ( free sun tickets)
    i showed my council registration card and was given a RED wristband and was seated in the rear seats for every ride

That just shows you they say one thing and do another. regarding the wrist bands. what even on 13 every time we sat in different seats.
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    honest ... we were sat in the rear seats every time ... and have been for the past 4 years that ive been given the wristband.
  • dave030445
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    honest ... we were sat in the rear seats every time ... and have been for the past 4 years that ive been given the wristband.

i believe you. I just cant understand why they would write something
    on there web site and then do something different. is your disability being blind or do you have others as well.
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    i am only blind ... no other disabilities.
    i am aware of what it says on the webdite, but to be honest, i think the last thing you want in a packed queue, with steps up and down, is a blind person!
    its an accident ( and possiblly a claim) waiting to happen.
    they cover themselves by saying that a white wristband is available in the hope that people wont bother queuing for something that doesnt actuallu give them any benefit.
    so if the disabled person doesnt declare their disability, then the theme park had no way of knowing and accomodating them .....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure