We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Rejecting faulty goods

Options
13»

Comments

• miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Sorry op but they are well within their rights to come and inspect the machine to confirm your findings. They are doing nothing wrong and your threat of the small claims court is extremely premature at this stage.

1. All I wanted and still want is a working machine. I dont want the hassle of going to court.
    2.I have supplied them with photographs of the error reporting, the installation. The machine is installed in exact same spot where a dishwasher has stood since 1984.
    3.In view of my poor health, I think I am right to expect a speedy resolution.
    4. I think I will end up purchasing one tonight for next day delivery, from the same supplier and see what happens. Atleast I will not have to wash up from tomorrow.
    They can come and look at it at their leisure.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    Success atlast. The supplier has agreed to replace it tomorrow.
    I shant wash todays dishes. Dishes can wait.Be done tomorrow and hope the replacement is troublefree.
    Thank you all for your interest.
    The supplier was Boots Kitchen Appliances. I do recommend their service.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like you've got a good result, well done.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. I also found Boots to be pretty good when there was an issue with the washing machine I bought from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure