We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Rejecting faulty goods

Options

Comments

• miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    I think Bantex was suggesting that if you are washing up for 6 hours a day then perhaps you are running a commercial enterprise, as most of us wouldn't spend much more than 15 minutes a day washing up - a slightly humorous response that apparently completely missed the mark with you.

Yes I did not get it until I saw the highlight in red!
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    I expect it will be quicker to wait for the engineer than instigate court proceedings.
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    I expect it will be quicker to wait for the engineer than instigate court proceedings.

Thank you for your interest. I am quite prepared to purchase another one, to be delivered tomorrow, even from the same supplier, exactly the same model just so I dont have to wash up the dishes/pots and pans because it is quite quite difficult for me or my wife to be doing so day after day. I am quite prepared then to take court action and wait for judgement.

• zoob
    zoob Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it's reasonable at this stage for them to inspect the machine, as long as they can do it within 3-4 working days, unfortunate for you Saturday Sunday and bank holiday Monday aren't classed as working days, Siemens dishwashers are generally very good.
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    miserable_ol_so_n_so Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 August 2014 at 1:29PM
    Options
    zoob wrote: »
    I think it's reasonable at this stage for them to inspect the machine, as long as they can do it within 3-4 working days, unfortunate for you Saturday Sunday and bank holiday Monday aren't classed as working days, Siemens dishwashers are generally very good.
    Thank you for your interest. I have performed all tasks that the user instructions require. I have performed an additional task that a Siemens engineer suggested over the phone. It did not cure the problem. I have taken pictures of the error information on the display screen that clearly shows the error. I have sent it to the retailer. As I have mentioned, both myself and my wife are elderly and have musculo/skeletal health issues. I wish the damn thing would work. That is all I want.

The burden of proof will be upon me and I am perfectly willing to take it on.

My main concern will be that the judge might say I should have waited for inspection!

• gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    It is reasonable for them to want to inspect it before replacing.
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2014 at 3:47PM
    Options
    If you're willing to buy a new one and risk court action then why not buy a new one but still let them inspect the machine? If they conclude its faulty then you are entitled to a full refund, but if not you can still take them to court if you want. The burden of proof would be on them because it is less than 6 months since you purchased the machine.

But as others have said they are entitled to verify the item is faulty before refunding, as long as they do it in a reasonable time.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, how did you pay for it?

There may be an alternative to court action.

However cant really think of anything that gets you a working replacement quickly without possibly leaving you open to being left with 2 machines.

ETA: by pay for it i mean debit or credit card.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry op but they are well within their rights to come and inspect the machine to confirm your findings. They are doing nothing wrong and your threat of the small claims court is extremely premature at this stage.
  • miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    OP, how did you pay for it?

There may be an alternative to court action.

However cant really think of anything that gets you a working replacement quickly without possibly leaving you open to being left with 2 machines.

ETA: by pay for it i mean debit or credit card.

I paid for it with Barclaycard.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure