We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Make Money For Christmas Challenge

Options

Comments

• gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm out of the starting block - sold a vacuum cleaner for 30€ today. Must go and list a few more things, I like getting money for nothing!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Island.girl
    Options
    I made £14.57 on eBay selling some clothes... That's after the postage and ebay fees :)
    £10,000 to go to a debt free life
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    I've now got a separate purse that I'm putting my Christmas money in! I found a really lovely necklace in M&S that will make an ideal present for a friend - it was reduced from £18 to £5!! So that's £13 saved for the Christmas fund!
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I found some cheap toys in tE$c0, a few barbies, so that's cancelled out any money I made last week. :D
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • Island.girl
    Options
    I received £16.00 from ciao today :)
    £10,000 to go to a debt free life
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    A huge change in budget has led me to the challenge boards especially this one :rudolf: I adore Christmas and know I can make it just as special not spending a fortune as we had decided this last Christmas I have loads to sell so will make a start ASAP everything I earn will go in a tin for Christmas. I know I am late to the party but I have L2S vouchers paid for from Park thankfully but have always known in the past the overdraft is there this year it won't be. I am aiming for £150 cash in my lil pretty purse.. love the enthusiasm here..:D:xmastree:
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • hummingbird
    Options
    Welcome Aloofdragon!!

I'm really pleased to have £40 in cash and also another £40 spent altogether so far on prezzies and cards.

I've never started this early before!! Last year I hardly sent any cards but this year I'm looking forward to going to get the Christmas stamps as soon as they come out!!

I'm still one of those people who like to send quite a lot of cards, even though a lot of people don't send them any more.
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Welcome Aloofdragon! It'll get busier toward xmas I hope and look forward to the xmas spirit rumming through every post! :D

I love sending card too hummingbird, I just dont like the cost of stamps. I do the RM surveys so I get a couple free there, I'll start saving them up ;)

I've got £85 cash and £15 in vouchers for xmas already :D And Ive bought some stuff/got it from freecycle.

I see a frugal xmas ahead...
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • glassrainbow
    Options
    Ooh I would like to join in, this us my first Christmas thinking so far ahead! Probably something to do with having a toddler! :)

shall have to restart swagbucks and maybe take up ciao for some bonus Christmas spending money. With stamp duty to save up for, I think winning vouchers and so on will be the way forward. This has also got me thinking about doing a car boot next weekend!
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Well I have made just over £20 on 3bay I think I will round down rather than up.. I have also been sent a £10 off a £25 spend code from Mata1an for joining their reward card club, could be an easy way to earn a few pounds if your going to shop there for a few bits anyway I think I will pick up some jamas and underwear so can cross them off my list.. I don't know if anyone is on the book of face but I am part of a group on there a scrimpers Christmas there is a lady on there if you send her an email address not associated with n3xt then she will have them send you a £20 off a £50 spend code within 48 hours the code doesn't need to be used until mid Dec so again if your going to spend there anyway could be extremely useful no doubt she is on some sort of pyramid earning scheme getting in new emails but the codes are legit as I have used one to grab some clothes in the sale she is admin of the group so won't miss her posts...

I put lots of little bits of old toys and dvds etc on book of face today have sold at least £50 worth but won't count the pennies until their in my purse... Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend x
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts