IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Minerva Security Limited, Whitehall Square Appts, Belfast

Options
124»

Comments

• SevenTowers
    Options
    I hear there has been another round of clamping here today, if anybody needs advice post on this thread.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seven Towers and c-m - can shrubser's pepipoo #17 be posted in full
    under an 'IF YOU HAVE BEEN CLAMPED - NORTHERN IRELAND' heading in Newbies Thread?
    #
    Huge well done, but more to come it seems.
    A tidal wave in like mode could/should be precursor to outlawing clamping in the dis-United Kingdom.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 September 2014 at 10:01AM
    Options
    ampersand wrote: »
    Seven Towers and c-m - can shrubser's pepipoo #17 be posted in full
    under an 'IF YOU HAVE BEEN CLAMPED - NORTHERN IRELAND' heading in Newbies Thread?
    #
    Huge well done, but more to come it seems.
    A tidal wave in like mode could/should be precursor to outlawing clamping in the dis-United Kingdom.

That's fine by me Ampersand, but I'll let C-M make the decision about what to include in her thread. I think that you are right, we could see a clamping Tsunami in NI before it becomes criminalised.

I can't believe that just a few months ago I was saying that clamping was non-issue in NI, I really hope they clamp my car, nothing would give me more pleasure than to take them on.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • Hanwood
    Options
    I've recently had several experiences with this company at this location, I cant really go into details but I have spoken with the MD/owner (I know he was both of these because he told me several times in a 4 minute call). He was extremely insincere and condescending, he introduced himself as the MD of the big bad company that clamped my tenant and used the terms "fall on my sword" and "i'll take the hit on this one" several times, yet at no point did he offer any sort of compensation for what he admitted was their mistake, just that my tenant would get a refund issued by cheque inside 2 weeks, maybe. He then revealed that he had a grand total of 3 employees, which somewhat deflated the owner/MD image he had worked sooooo hard to cultivate on the call.

In short, and to nobodys surprise, my dealings with them suggest they are a cowboy agency interested only in making money while they can, legal or not.
  • jdeng
    jdeng Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Anybody get their money back? I had been clamped twice recently.
  • SevenTowers
    SevenTowers Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only way that you'll get your money back is by making a court claim against them, it's not as hard as it sounds, I'll be happy to help.
  • geoff_todd
    Options
    Hi, I was clamped and the guy was still there doing it when I returned to the car. He extracted £120 from me for 2 minutes work. I'm an apartment owner and paid 10K for my space and have the deeds. I took them to small claims. They didn't turn up and the judge awarded me £120 + costs. They then successfully applied for it to be set aside and now I've been told it's on the Civil Bill List next month and it could cost me money. As far as I'm concerned I'll go to the House of Lords if I have to but would welcome your input.

GT
  • SevenTowers
    Options
    geoff_todd wrote: »
    Hi, I was clamped and the guy was still there doing it when I returned to the car. He extracted £120 from me for 2 minutes work. I'm an apartment owner and paid 10K for my space and have the deeds. I took them to small claims. They didn't turn up and the judge awarded me £120 + costs. They then successfully applied for it to be set aside and now I've been told it's on the Civil Bill List next month and it could cost me money. As far as I'm concerned I'll go to the House of Lords if I have to but would welcome your input.

GT

Hi Geoff,
    It's great to see someone who has the cahonies to stand up to these bullies, I'm not sure what the "Civil Bill List" involves, but I'm prepared to back you all the way, I'll even go to court with you. I'll send you a PM with further details.

I also saw your posting on CAG, but I'll just reply here as it is the main forum.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I am surprised. If you own the land, why did you not cut it off and sell it back to them?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @geoff todd, if you are that determined and are prepared to spend money on this you could consider suing them for trespass and getting an injunction to prevent them doing it again.
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family