IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PCN from PCM Ltd. Stage 2: IPC/IAS Appeal

Options

Comments

• Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Dee140157
    Options
    I think this is as good as it gets. Make sure you attach all evidence. You have picked everything apart and hopefully you will win. However as you are aware this is IPC!

I don't think I have anything else to add. And they certainly did not get the bit about the VAT.

Have you actually checked the rates for this car park here
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks as good as you can do, especially with the attachments as evidence. I think it should be addressed to the IAS not the IPC, and the Assessor at the end should be called the 'IAS Assessor' not the IPC Assessor.

Just saw some typos:

Consequently, should a contract be found to exist between the landowner and the driver, PCM not having been indetified as a creditor

The NTK from PCM indicates that they are a member of the IPC and abide by the committees’ CoP. (should be committee's with the apostrophe before the s)

Furthermore, due to the high positioning along with the overall minute size of text used, the signage is barely legible making it difficult to read and understand. On page 26 of IPC CoP it clearly states that “The signs must be readable from far anough away so that drivers can read akk the of the Group A and Group B text

The signage is ambiguous and contradictory. In the Notice to Keeper (NTK) the sum is stated as a contravention for ‘breaching’ the terms and conditions’s yet the sign

Moreso (is this a word? Seems odd!)

This doesn't make much sense - too much repetition - and the word asserts should not have a greengrocer's apostrophe*:
    In other words, they are not, as the operators assert’s, a contractual term. If they were a contractual term, they are not as the Operator asserts, a contractual term. If they were a contractual term, the Operator would have to provide a VAT invoice,

* https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=greengrocer's+apostrophe&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Iuz4U6aANuTE0QXJjYHoDA&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1536&bih=725
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Popcorn141
    Options
    Yeah I'm fully aware that it is the IPC, and that they will attempt to pick out parts of the appeal. Its not actually a car park but a housing estate so therefore there are no rates as far as I am aware of. Well spotted coupon-mad I have made changes to the typos mentioned.

I am going to be posting my appeal this afternoon, so wish me luck! As soon as I hear from the IAS with my reply I'll update you all. Thanks guys.
    :footie:
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I believe CM was telling you that the PPC is part of the IPC, but your appeal as addressed to the IAS and IAS assessor , so not the IPC or IPC assessor

same as in a popla appeal you would address it to popla, not the BPA
  • Popcorn141
    Options
    Redx I'm fully aware of what coupon-mad mentioned about the IPC/IAS I made the changes to my letter before my appeal to the IAS.
  • Popcorn141
    Options
    Good Evening Guys,

I have finally received the outcome of my IAS appeal and I can thankfully let you all know that I was successful, my so called PCN from PCM has now been cancelled! Below is a screenshot of the e-mail I received this morning.

hxxp://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TSD16/media/Success_zpsbb6cf228.png.html

Thank you all again for the help I'm very grateful.
  • Bazza1975
    Bazza1975 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Popcorn141 wrote: »
    Good Evening Guys,

I have finally received the outcome of my IAS appeal and I can thankfully let you all know that I was successful, my so called PCN from PCM has now been cancelled! Below is a screenshot of the e-mail I received this morning.

hxxp://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TSD16/media/Success_zpsbb6cf228.png.html

Thank you all again for the help I'm very grateful.

Good work! 2 PCN's from PCM cancelled in one day! Get in! :beer:
  • Dee140157
    Options
    Excellent news. I think we need to build on this one now. I have bookmarked your appeal as a good example of what to do.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 August 2014 at 2:26AM
    Options
    Nice one! :D

http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/TSD16/media/Success_zpsbb6cf228.png.html

It's just a shame that nowadays we never hear on what basis the appeal won with the IAS. We are now having to guess in order to build on these wins. And this one was a 'new' IPC sign case as well!

Here was a previous IAS appeal decision from May where the appellant did se why the decision was made, which is interesting as yours may have turned on the same point:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ilelar&s=8#.U_6EOU3wupp

We are going to have to remember to include the words 'prescriptive and mandatory' when debunking NTK wording (copying the IAS adjudicator's own words can't be a bad thing).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport