Problems with Calor gas/tank removal and RHI!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
1 reply 4.1K views
Shaldenby1Shaldenby1 Forumite
1 Post
Hello,

This is my first post so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before. I've searched the forum and although found similar stories to mine I'm still in need of help!

I have a 1000ltr LPG tank buried in my garden. We moved to the property in September 2011 and signed a 2 yr contract with calor which has now lapsed and we are just paying a basic rate.

We have qualified for a biomass boiler under the renewable heating incentive and benefit from it financially compared to what we have now.

Calor gas have stated they want 3 months written notice to remove THEIR tank and then want to charge us £1400 for the pleasure! The tank currently has 800ltrs of gas in it which is all paid for and owned by us but calor have stated they cannot extract the gas, won't credit us back for it and the only way to get rid of it is to use it up!

This just doesn't seem right. It's their tank, if they want it then they should come and get it and if they don't, shall I start charging them a storage fee??? :rotfl:

If anyone can help me at all I would be really grateful, I've had nothing but trouble with calor since we moved!

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Shaldenby1 wrote: »
    Hello,

This is my first post so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before. I've searched the forum and although found similar stories to mine I'm still in need of help!

I have a 1000ltr LPG tank buried in my garden. We moved to the property in September 2011 and signed a 2 yr contract with calor which has now lapsed and we are just paying a basic rate.

We have qualified for a biomass boiler under the renewable heating incentive and benefit from it financially compared to what we have now.

Calor gas have stated they want 3 months written notice to remove THEIR tank and then want to charge us £1400 for the pleasure! The tank currently has 800ltrs of gas in it which is all paid for and owned by us but calor have stated they cannot extract the gas, won't credit us back for it and the only way to get rid of it is to use it up!

This just doesn't seem right. It's their tank, if they want it then they should come and get it and if they don't, shall I start charging them a storage fee??? :rotfl:

If anyone can help me at all I would be really grateful, I've had nothing but trouble with calor since we moved!

What does your contract say?

Also have a Calor tank, out of contract, but only connected to the hob as got a new heating system under the RHI. Above ground tank.

As there is a fair bit of LPG left it will be there until it runs out which could be years.

Tank uplift for us is free as stated free in our contract and verbally.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides