IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

Options

Comments

• BobJameson
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Please...please... NO NEW THREADS ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS. NOOOOO!

Yes we know you got a letter like this one...or a Debt Recovery Plus or Zenith version (yawn):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89511704@N03/8145428304/

...but no we do not need any new threads about it as we can't say the same thing again and again without one of us self-combusting!

Like all debt collector letter chains - don't start a new thread as these have been discussed to death every week of every month for about a decade. NOT JOKING - ABOUT A DECADE AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED IF YOU'VE MISSED THE APPEAL WINDOW YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET THESE LETTERS.

Not saying for a minute the forum can't help you because it can if you simply READ OTHER THREADS...please...but don't start your own.

Just read post #4 of the Newbies thread and search this forum for the word...'Debt Recovery Plus' or 'Zenith' or 'ZZPS'...(or the name of the debt collector if different) read all the other boring threads...and rinse and repeat and read more. But spare us the new thread please.

New threads about debt collectors clog up what is a parking forum, not a 'oh look I have got the same debt collector letters...so have I...so have I...now what do I do' forum.

There are only so many times we can type the word 'ignore' and post #4 of the Newbies top thread already covers your options...ignore, basically! Any more new threads about the same old thing is pointless.

Thankyou - sorry if I appear snappy about this subject but it is soooo boring every day, when the same thing is already here, same questions and same answer, ad infinitum.

Happy reading & collecting of the letters.

Finally, three important things:

1. - if your PPC is a litigious one like ParkingEye or Excel, then you should not ignore the PPC (ignore DRP though).

2. - if you move house within 6 years, tell the PPC and debt collector by letter, giving them your new address as registered keeper and update your V5 with the DVLA, not just your driving licence address. You do not want to MISS an actual court claim!

3. - if you get a court claim, do not panic, Do NOT ignore court papers!! Start a new thread if you need to actually defend one of these but not to tell us about debt collector drivel.

What she said - nuff said.
  • BobJameson
    Options
    Seagulls must have been playing at home yesterday...
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    Bumping ............
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above , please read

and read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQS thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

HTH

bump bump bump
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    as above , please read

and read post number #1

'Twas on Page 3!!!!!
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    Bumping - ignore debt collectors, read above posts
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    Ignore debt collectors.

Read the posts above.

Do not ignore a letter before claim, letter before county court claim (whatever they decide to call it) or a real county court claim form.
  • Hi!

Please can someone give me some advice.

Ive recieved letters from PCS & DRP who appear to be the same company.. after failing to appeal i recieved a miss call from them! When i called back they apologised and said my reference wasnt valid so i thought result...they reckon they called me back after this to get me to pay but i have no record on my phone!! The original bill has tripled, they take days to respond to me and wont give me a settlement figure. I worried they will put a ccj on me! They have never done dpa however they have decided now to do it :rotfl:

Please can you let me know how you think i should proceed :)
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to start your own thread rather than post in this one.

(Though do read this thread as it is pertinent to your correspondence from DRP!)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore debt collectors.

Read the posts above.

Do not ignore a letter before claim, letter before county court claim (whatever they decide to call it) or a real county court claim form.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure