IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    as above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Red - I thought this was BJ's role on this forum. You'll be getting yourself PPR'd. :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BobJameson
    Options
    read this thread from page one before you start a new thread about debt recovery plus.

Please no threads about tedious debt letters. No!!!!!

you do not need help, you do not need any 'next step' and should not be spooked by the letters.

Nuff said :beer:
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Newbies - no need to start new threads on debt collector letters.

You do not need help from a forum or anyone else to 'handle' this boring stage.

NO STEPS ARE NEEDED.

Bumping...............
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Newbies - no need to start new threads on debt collector letters.

You do not need help from a forum or anyone else to 'handle' this boring stage.

NO STEPS ARE NEEDED.

except IGNORE them

people think there is always a "next step" , sometimes you just stop digging
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,105 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bump, what have I missed?

:)

Same old same old, welcome back, you have been missed:)
  • BobJameson
    BobJameson Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Debt Collectors are toothless tygas with clipped claws and no tales.

There is no need to acknowledge their existence.

Or to start a thread on here.
  • BobJameson
    BobJameson Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    As above - no more Tygatales please.
  • BobJameson
    Options
    Debt Collectors are toothless tygas with clipped claws and no tales.
  • BobJameson
    Options
    Please...please... NO NEW THREADS ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS. NOOOOO!

Yes we know you got a letter like this one...or a Debt Recovery Plus or Zenith version (yawn):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89511704@N03/8145428304/

...but no we do not need any new threads about it as we can't say the same thing again and again without one of us self-combusting!

Like all debt collector letter chains - don't start a new thread as these have been discussed to death every week of every month for about a decade. NOT JOKING - ABOUT A DECADE AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED IF YOU'VE MISSED THE APPEAL WINDOW YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET THESE LETTERS.

Not saying for a minute the forum can't help you because it can if you simply READ OTHER THREADS...please...but don't start your own.

Just read post #4 of the Newbies thread and search this forum for the word...'Debt Recovery Plus' or 'Zenith' or 'ZZPS'...(or the name of the debt collector if different) read all the other boring threads...and rinse and repeat and read more. But spare us the new thread please.

New threads about debt collectors clog up what is a parking forum, not a 'oh look I have got the same debt collector letters...so have I...so have I...now what do I do' forum.

There are only so many times we can type the word 'ignore' and post #4 of the Newbies top thread already covers your options...ignore, basically! Any more new threads about the same old thing is pointless.

Thankyou - sorry if I appear snappy about this subject but it is soooo boring every day, when the same thing is already here, same questions and same answer, ad infinitum.

Happy reading & collecting of the letters.

Finally, three important things:

1. - if your PPC is a litigious one like ParkingEye or Excel, then you should not ignore the PPC (ignore DRP though).

2. - if you move house within 6 years, tell the PPC and debt collector by letter, giving them your new address as registered keeper and update your V5 with the DVLA, not just your driving licence address. You do not want to MISS an actual court claim!

3. - if you get a court claim, do not panic, Do NOT ignore court papers!! Start a new thread if you need to actually defend one of these but not to tell us about debt collector drivel.

What she said - it's not rocket science...
  • BobJameson
    Options
    boing, said Zebedee...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills