Any Bugaboo experts?

in MoneySaving Mums
8 replies 1.7K views
Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
3.7K Posts
Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
I bought my daughter a Bugaboo Frog for her first baby because she had a tiny car at the time & the Frog was a little smaller than the Calmeleon. I had it shipped from the US because they had stopped selling Frogs here then.

Now she has had a girl she has bought the Cameleon hot pink fabrics. But the hood is baggy, she hasn't tried the apron.

On mumsnet it says you need to buy Cameleon rods & clamps, but when I go on eBay to look for them, they say they can be used on the Cameleon or Frog, well that doesn't make sense, because if they are the same then the current ones should fit.

Any ideas.

Replies

  • NickiNicki Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    I didn't have either a Frog or a Chameleon, but a Bee, so not speaking from personal experience but surely the reason the hood is baggy is because the Frog structure is smaller than the Chameleon so the fabric is bunching along the frame? With the Bee the frame is flexible, and I suspect the same is true for the other two. So if you put the chameleon livery on a chameleon frame, it will be taut, and then because the frame is flexible it will bend sufficiently to fit onto the Frog chassis?
  • Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nicki wrote: »
    I didn't have either a Frog or a Chameleon, but a Bee, so not speaking from personal experience but surely the reason the hood is baggy is because the Frog structure is smaller than the Chameleon so the fabric is bunching along the frame? With the Bee the frame is flexible, and I suspect the same is true for the other two. So if you put the chameleon livery on a chameleon frame, it will be taut, and then because the frame is flexible it will bend sufficiently to fit onto the Frog chassis?

    Yes but when I look at frames & clamps on eBay, they say they got both Frog & Cameleon.
    If they are different (& I guess they are) then their should be Frog rods & Cameleon rods on eBay.
  • NickiNicki Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    This forum post suggests that chameleon hoods are always baggy on the frog

    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/products-reviews-505/buggies-car-seat-reviews-538/665478-bugaboo-confusion-all.html

    She may need to do some customising to make it look good if she is quite crafty.
  • Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nicki wrote: »
    This forum post suggests that chameleon hoods are always baggy on the frog

    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/products-reviews-505/buggies-car-seat-reviews-538/665478-bugaboo-confusion-all.html

    She may need to do some customising to make it look good if she is quite crafty.

    Most of those forums say swap the Frog rods & clamps for Cameleon rods & clamps.
    Then we I go on eBay to look for Cameleon rods & clamps it says they fit the Frog too, now that doesn't make sense if they are different sized.
  • Kim_kim wrote: »
    Most of those forums say swap the Frog rods & clamps for Cameleon rods & clamps.
    Then we I go on eBay to look for Cameleon rods & clamps it says they fit the Frog too, now that doesn't make sense if they are different sized.

    It could be a height thing. They'll fit both across the way, but the Cam is slightly taller I think. So they'll fit both because you can't buy Frog fabrics now anyway.

    That would be my logic on it, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • NickiNicki Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    Why not just order them off eBay and try them? If they aren't any different to the ones you have re-sell them. Looking at current listings they are going for minimum £10 and maximum £20 (inclusive of p and p) a set, so you wouldn't be massively out of pocket if they weren't any better.
  • Kim_kimKim_kim Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nicki wrote: »
    Why not just order them off eBay and try them? If they aren't any different to the ones you have re-sell them. Looking at current listings they are going for minimum £10 and maximum £20 (inclusive of p and p) a set, so you wouldn't be massively out of pocket if they weren't any better.

    I was hoping someone on here may already have done it & could advise me so I was def getting the right ones first time, without buying the wrong ones.
  • I got the Bee as well and it's been brilliant. The Calmeleon is like a tank and impossible to get up and down steps.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides