MSE News: Got an HSBC personal loan? You could be due share of £218 million in refund

Options

Comments

• beeswax95
    Options
    Still no refund here. :(
  • eastcorkram
    Options
    Nothing here either. I have already had one, which I reported earlier in the thread, but am convinced that I should have at least one more. My letter did say that if any other loans were effected, they would write separately.
    Very quiet now though in this thread, so doesn't look good.
    Whose going to be the first to contact them via online banking again? :)
  • beeswax95
    Options
    I send a secure message (4th one this year) 2 days ago and got the same reply as usual. Someone will be in touch. Unfortunately I missed "Someone's" call. I did not bother to return the call as I was busy. They did not leave a message either.

Nevertheless I am hoping that someone will tell us that they got their money just so we know that this thing is still alive.

I cant help but feel very let down by HSBC.

😭
  • beeswax95
    Options
    Am I the only one who has not received the refund yet? LOL. Its all so quiet.
  • eastcorkram
    Options
    Still waiting for second letter, but it's gone so quiet, it looks as though they could be finished with it all. :(
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still waiting for mine. Apparently eligible loan from June 2012.
  • beeswax95
    Options
    I'm not the only one then. Hopefully before Xmas. Please HSBC. Do you hear me? Is this thing on?
  • beeswax95
    Options
    After complaining again, about 3 weeks ago, the bank once again told me where to go. What next? Sounds like things will only happen next year
  • eastcorkram
    Options
    beeswax95 wrote: »
    After complaining again, about 3 weeks ago, the bank once again told me where to go. What next? Sounds like things will only happen next year
    Just curious. Why are you talking about something happening next year? Is that what they have told you, or just an assumption?
  • beeswax95
    Options
    Just curious. Why are you talking about something happening next year? Is that what they have told you, or just an assumption?
    Yes it sounds like refunds are only going to be made next year. I quote from the letter received today which ends with the following: "Unfortunately I am unable to add any further to your previous responses, and ask you to wait until 2016 when we will contact you to confirm when the refund will be applied to your account"
    Then they point me in the direction of the FOS.

It could be that it only applies to me and that others might receive theirs sooner. Last week they send a letter to say they are looking at it. I then made an enquiry to establish how far they are with the process. Today I got this response. I dont know whether I pd them off when I enquired.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure