MSE News: Got an HSBC personal loan? You could be due share of £218 million in refund

Options

Comments

• anon123456
    Options
    Took a loan out for my honeymoon
    February 2012 for 24 months at 4.9%

refund letter received today saying payment before 02.11 for £58.52 they awarded me 100+ but paid me 10% of the interest back(48.xx) in the month after repayment as i have a premier account.

Every penny helps.
  • springle_ring
    Options
    Got a letter this morning from First Direct. Refund of £382 to be paid into my account on Monday. My loan was for £5000 over three years starting May 2011. Hopefully things are moving now and those still waiting to hear will get a letter soon.
  • Retireyoung
    Options
    Received a letter on Friday, refund of £600 being paid today. Loan was for £12000 taken out in December 2010 for 3 years.
  • beeswax95
    Options
    Has anyone had a letter this week? Seems a bit quiet at the moment
  • eastcorkram
    Options
    beeswax95 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a letter this week? Seems a bit quiet at the moment

I work away from home all week, so won't know until I get back tomorrow night. Either way, I will let you know!
  • beeswax95
    Options
    Thanks Eastcorkram. Looking forward to getting a letter now.
  • eastcorkram
    Options
    beeswax95 wrote: »
    Thanks Eastcorkram. Looking forward to getting a letter now.

Sorry! No letter here this week :(
  • beeswax95
    Options
    I have a feeling the letters/refunds have not been made this week. Hopefully someone will tell us they got a letter this week just so we know that HSBC is still making payments and that everyone would be contacted by mid November. According to one of the posters this is what they told the FOS. So hope the whole thing has not gone dead again and we have to wait another year for the rest of the payments. I'm so changing banks if this happens.
  • beeswax95
    Options
    Has anyone had a letter/refund over the last two weeks? Would be nice to know if things are still moving in this area.
  • Minx1986
    Options
    I haven't :(
    26/05/2018 = I DID IT! I am DEBT FREE!
    Debts repaid since 06/02/2015 = £23,079
    Mortgage...forever!!!! - But who cares, when all I've ever wanted is my own place!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure