Flight delay 2009 - worth claiming?

I've just discovered that compensation can go as far back as 2005. I'm surprised but it looks like our flight might qualify.

My daughter and I flew from Heathrow to Auckland on 19th December 2009. Unfortunately, due to mechanical fault our plane was delayed from Heathrow, so we left 135 mins late (according to stats), arriving similarly late at Chiangi (Singapore) which was our connecting airport. Unfortunately we had missed our flight, and had to wait about 7 hours (from recollection) for the next one. They put us in a hotel and gave us a meal, but it made for a very long trip.

The final leg went fine except instead of arriving at 11pm and checking into our hotel (which fortunately I managed to cancel), we arrived at 8 am and had to collect car hire etc. I'd have stopped then for a day to recover except we'd booked our next hotel, along with my other daughter and boyfriend, several hours drive away. Anyway, we made it okay ....... but it took me several days to recover.

Having a quick read of the guidance it looks like we might be eligible, although we did have a meal and hotel in Chiangi. I've never looked into this before and just chalked it up as one of those things..... Do I have a case?

Thanks
somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family