Is there any way you can find out what someone was arrested for?

Options

Comments

• Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    If the man is cautioned warned charged etc and YOU are the person who reported the incident, some police forces will tell you.

I reported an assault on a woman which OH and I witnessed and police called me to tell me that the guy had been cautioned.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    Options
    No you can't find out if he's done anything
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find it surprising the Police turned up with lights on as per the first post. Usually they tend to arrive without lights and sirens when trying to catch someone "in the act" because the noise and attention tends to give the would be criminal plenty of notice to get away on their toes.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is watching children playing even illegal? It shouldn't even be viewed as suspicious IMO but thats the world we live in these days.
  • jaylee3
    jaylee3 Posts: 2,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fivetide wrote: »
    I find it surprising the Police turned up with lights on as per the first post. Usually they tend to arrive without lights and sirens when trying to catch someone "in the act" because the noise and attention tends to give the would be criminal plenty of notice to get away on their toes.

I know right. The whole scenario is almost unbelievable isn't it? ;)
    (•_•)
    )o o)╯
    /___\
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,078 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    Is watching children playing even illegal? It shouldn't even be viewed as suspicious IMO but thats the world we live in these days.

Indeed. Like I pointed out, it could be a relatives children that he was watching.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think people are being a little harsh. We weren't there and at least one other person (i.e. the person who actually called the police) felt it was a odd situation. How the police chose to deal with it was down to them.

If this was uncovered as part of a missing child investigation how bad would people feel if they had seen a grown man apparently watching children from a position of apparent cover (as described by OP). Similarly, if the man was doing nothing wrong then he would hopefully be released without charge.

I personally think its good that someone had a strong enough sense of social responsibility to act rather than ignore. I can only assume the people damning the OP would just walk away and think 'not my problem'.

Quite how someone extrapolates that into being arrested for sitting on a park bench is a little odd!

Me, it would depend on the situation at the time, I'm not sure if I'd call the police, more likely I'd take a picture of the guy just in case (and maybe be arrested for taking pictures in a kids play area!).
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Arrested with no time even for him to be cautioned? Handcuffed and taken away without any discussion? That seems a bit wierd as PACE would be breached on a number of issues, and did the police come over to speak to you or the old lady?
  • carefullycautious
    Options
    There you go

http://www.thelawpages.com/magistrates-county-crown-court/Birmingham-Crown-Court-3.html

You can see court case outcomes for your given area

Did op see this?
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is there any way? This week? Nope, unless it hits the press.
    Next month? See above.
    Next year? See above.

The whole high speed arrival & removal is intriguing but it'll either make the press or it won't (& if the bloke matched someone on the terrorism lineup, expect nothing - you won't be disappointed.)

After a decade or less, under the rehabilitation of offenders act, you can't ask & you aren't required to tell - although appearances on some registers may still show.

Still pining to know? Take a journalist for a pint or seven...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport