Is there any way you can find out what someone was arrested for?

Options
Bakers_Dozen
Bakers_Dozen Posts: 109 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
The person who contacted me outside of this forum - if you contact me again the police will be involved. The next unwanted communication will be harassment.

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got over your hissy-fit from the other week then, now that you want a question answered.

And the answer to your question is - no.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Taken in for questioning is not the same as an arrest. You might not be quite the hero you think! Or alternatively you may have prevented an act being carried out but either way I don't know how you can find out.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sure the data protection act prevents you from doing this.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • purpleshoes_2
    purpleshoes_2 Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Got over your hissy-fit from the other week then, now that you want a question answered.

And the answer to your question is - no.

I was wondering if it was the same user who posted up a thread calling people out and saying they were leaving.

Oh well, saves me responding.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think you can Bakers12
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • LilElvis
    Options
    I dont think i'm a hero? If anything the old lady is, all i did was lend her my phone. I just think the way they took him off so quickly was unusual and the police did not speak to us at the time. Surely if he is a !!!!! we as the public are entitled to know!

Not everyone who is arrested go on to be charged with an offence. Not everyone who is charged with an offence is found guilty at trial.
  • LilElvis
    Options
    I'm entitled to an opinion, as are you. I served a week long PPR and the matter is dealt with. No need to bring up something which is now resolved ;)

Maybe others don't think that the forum's sanction against you was strong enough.

Perhaps if you started an apology thread it might go some way to appeasing the many people you upset and maligned.
  • LilElvis
    Options
    Not everyone is instantly arrested without questions asked unless they are known to the police ;)

Could be wanted over an entirely unrelated matter. You don't know, and you have no right to know.
  • purpleshoes_2
    purpleshoes_2 Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Could be wanted over an entirely unrelated matter. You don't know, and you have no right to know.

Of course.

Data protection, there is absolutely no way the police will give out information about why someone was arrested or questioned, the data protection act is clearly there for a reason.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only way of getting to know is to keep an eye on the local press and see if the story makes the news (or go sit in court every day for the next few months and see if you recognise any of the defendants)

That said, the press are able to get very basic details when they make enquiries with the police. Namely when they think a celeb has been arrested and they simply get a response that a man in his 30s was arrested in X area for Y
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure