Skint First time Buyer - superb savings succeses

Options
Hi,

I've joined this site as i used to throw money around like confetti, but now in the process of moving out of my parents and faced the daunting reality of life in the "real world!" Like a man on a mission, i have managed to cut costs in the following areas IN 1 WEEK with not a lot of effort. I am comparing these savings to how i would have bought them "normally" in the shops or without haggling....

1/ Kenwood Eon Kettle - £28, ebay, factory opened box, RRP £80
2/ 15" FLatscreen TV - £87, same as above, RRP £189
3/ Plasma screen fixings - £3, same as above, RRP for £18 in shops
4/ New vacuum claener for £15, tesco value range
5/ 2 IKEA Klippan Sofa's - £30!!, ebay 1 day auction, RRP £240 the pair
6/ My friend owns a health club and got me a box of 100 Wilkinson Sword razors, 90 x 50ML Dove body wash samples and 45 x Dove body 50ML moisterisers for FREE, worth around £150 in total
7/ I got the developers of my new flat to pay £150 towards conveyancing - of which i had got the solicitors down to £500, so £350.
8/ £1000 off the price of my new flat (its brand new, thats the best i could do)
9/ i SWITCHED my Virgin active gym membership via pruhealth - instead of the £708 annual corporate rate, i now pay £484 including the £115 Quidco rebate

So just from the above already in 1 week i saved £2056...:T :T :T

..plus i bought most of my house contents from Ikea, but i wont even go there! :o

I dont mean to brag, but when you are a first time buyer, this all helps and i'm really chuffed!! :j

When i move in pretty soon, i'll be going in fully armed to save on the utilities and insurance.. using the cashback system of course!! :beer:
I never missed a payment :T , I paid off all my credit cards :T , I paid of all my loans :T , i have a work mobile :T - but am now "medium" credit risk :confused:

Comments

• poppyolivia
    poppyolivia Posts: 2,976 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done Alant1000...nice one...:T

Good luck in your new house x
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
This discussion has been closed.