Car accident advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ...and that would have been an "at-fault" claim with NCB hit, as far as insurance is concerned, since your insurer paid out.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bloody cars!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Depends on how old the car is, just be midful that the 3rd party will want to repair to a price rather than to a quality.
    A place a 3rd party wanted me to take my car to , another poster on another forum had taken his car there and they hadn't done a good paint job, so I was glad I avoided them, remember you can let an accident management company look after your claim (the insurers seem to be afraid of these companies ) . Good luck with the repair though. :cool:
    The 3rd party doesn't want to handle the repair, his insurer does.

OP, it's generally preferable to claim directly from the TP insurer, so let them deal with it but at a repairer of your choosing and if necessary a like-for-like car replacement.
  • tberry6686
    tberry6686 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Tp's insurance suggested sending it to there prefered bodyshop, I said no as they had a poor reputation, They then asked where I wanted it to go. Although the price they were quoted was a fair bit higher than their own bodyshop wanted they agreed to send it to my choice with the result that you couldn't tell that the car had been damaged at all.

Decide where you want the car to go for repair and then tell the tp insurance that. If they say no and it has to go to their bodyshop then just claim from your own insurer.

It will probably be dealt with quicker by the tp insurer though and with less hassle to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure