E: 03/09 Win £10,000 and other smaller prizes [effort]

Options

Comments

• joshtbh
    joshtbh Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Options
    What do people think Edinburgh is in please for the first clue? Region 1 or 3?

Thanks to the helpers so far :-)
  • sourge
    sourge Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    So just to bring it all together. I think ATM we are @

Clue 1 - Edinburgh - Reg 3
    Clue 2 - Abingdon/Oxfordshire Reg 10
    Clue 3 - Lintihgow Reg 2
    Clue 4 - Nottingham Reg 7
    Clue 5 - Cambridgeshire Reg 11

If wrong please update.
    2013 -£1550 / £2013 :)
    2014 -£1955.95 / £2014
    2015 - £1600 / £2015
  • Bewlay
    Bewlay Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 August 2014 at 10:41AM
    Options
    Clue 6:

"Despite its name you don’t need a prescription to drink in this buzzing pub, known for its live bands including the Wombats and the Fratellis. It’s in a town that was created by Aunt Sally’s great-grandfather! www.findaproperpub.co.uk"

Answer is the Doctor's Tonic in Welwyn Garden City:

http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-welwyn-garden-city/doctors-tonic-pub/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Una_Stubbs

Which looks like Reg 14 to me.
    Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 August 2014 at 10:32AM
    Options
    The King's Ransom @KingsRansom2014 · Aug 1
    Register and complete the first five clues by 5pm on Monday 4 August to be in with a chance of winning one of ten extra prizes. #win

Just bringing the link over, to make this a bit easier:

http://www.the-kings-ransom.co.uk/

Thanks everyone for all your efforts on this - my geography is terrible so I would have seriously struggled without everyone's input! :o

ETA - Welwyn Garden City looks borderline to me - it's either 14 or 15 although, on balance, I'd also go 14.
  • savingcyclist
    Options
    Again, hard to get the two maps to line up exactly, but this is what I'm going with:

3EzIyAQ.jpg

Hope it helps!
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to Darren from Leeds and John from Sheffield who both won a weekend away in our clue 1 – 5 prize giveaway. Gabriella from London and Vanessa from Kidderminster won meals out at their local Hungry Horse. Paul from Northampton, Sara from Grimsby and Emily from Winkleigh won nights out at their local pub with £50 to spend on us. And finally, Caroline from Mansfield, Georgia from Whitehaven and David from Walsall all won £50 to spend in the Greene King online brewery shop. Cheers! All winners have been contacted – keep an eye out for more treats along the way.
  • marialionza
    marialionza Posts: 7,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One-Eye wrote: »
    Congratulations to Darren from Leeds and John from Sheffield who both won a weekend away in our clue 1 – 5 prize giveaway. Gabriella from London and Vanessa from Kidderminster won meals out at their local Hungry Horse. Paul from Northampton, Sara from Grimsby and Emily from Winkleigh won nights out at their local pub with £50 to spend on us. And finally, Caroline from Mansfield, Georgia from Whitehaven and David from Walsall all won £50 to spend in the Greene King online brewery shop. Cheers! All winners have been contacted – keep an eye out for more treats along the way.

:kisses3::kisses3::kisses3::kisses3:
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • createbeauty
    createbeauty Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, I won £50 to spend in the online shop. :)
  • zoold
    zoold Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I won £50 to spend in the online shop. :)

Congrats :T
  • lacarmella
    lacarmella Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    One-Eye wrote: »

I won a £50 Greene King Pub Voucher, thanks to everyone who has posted! :)
    Best Wins: Macbook Pro 15" + Photoshop CS6 package, Vue Cinema Gift Card, £125 dress, Spotify Premium 12 months, £120 luxury jewellery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure