virgin media help

Options
Hi just after some advice really.. we had a vm rep call at our door offer us a fab package if we switched to them from sky etc so we did..
We were going to get the xl package with a TiVo box downstairs,an v+box upstairs, mutv free for 3 months aswell as a credit for now tv and sky sports ar20 pound a month for the season.
A month later at instilstion they have wrong box's to what we had agreed to,technician gets on phone to his supervisor after I show him paperwork&they say its an extra x amount for other box...I said I wasn't paying as had it agreed it was part of the package.. so in the end they said they'd refund me .
I then ring the rep about our mutv but he is on holiday and said he didn't have the paperwork on him but there is a credit on the file..
So ring virgin and there's not,but he said he would put it on and then refund the money to our account..
Next morning get a bill through for 118 pound ,I ring up they have charged us twice for instilstion at 49 a box plus the mutv..the lovely lady on the phone told me to check my contract which I did and it says free instilstion, even she was shocked at having being charged twice for it,they even properly refunded the mutv subscription to.
So today my husband rings up to find out exactly what were paying a month as it says 29 pound on what the rep signed and they said it was 45 then 35 my husband queried this&all they kept saying was that's t be price for all 3services yet we only have the tv..
I am now awaiting her trying to get through to the rep then ring us back...
Has anyone had any problems like this before? We never even got a contract through the post off virgin media either just a copy of what the rep had on him that day..
Thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was it an actual VM employee or just the usual door step sales team who are not VM .
  • poppylarue
    Options
    Probably the doorstep team lol update just spoke to a very helpful last who asked me to send her a copy of contract and she's shocked at how much of a mess this sales rep has made as he hasn't put contract length or anything ..
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 July 2014 at 10:57AM
    Options
    Why does anyone still buy at the door, be it telcoms, gas/electircity, TV, or feather dusters?
    No rep can ever offer you a better deal than you can get online or by phone, as the agent's commission has to be factored in-plus the fact that thee guys are usually freelance agents, not employees, whose sole concern is to get your signature on the form. Once that's done, sorting out the rest of the deal does not interest them in the least.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport