Green Deal Home Improvement Fund - door slammed shut 24 July no further applications

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
59 replies 7.9K views

Replies

• Smiley_DanSmiley_Dan Forumite
    948 Posts
    That's another reason for having simpler schemes - there's often less opportunity for corruption.
  • captainhindsight_2captainhindsight_2 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    - so that means that if you / I are GDHIF registered, and ;
    - you / I have a GD provider reference, all we need to do is
    - go to the landmark register, pick either a GDP or GDI
    - then we can claim speculative voucher to sell on

How many phantom [not committed to going ahead] vouchers were / are washing around the system for the minimum £1k let alone the higher value claim. Add to that the 'pumped up' 75% of the SWI of £6k and something is afoot, of course we won't know and neither will GOV till Easter nest year what the redemption figures actually are.

Companies can't claim for the vouchers without the customers bank details and

if there are any phantom vouchers that do not go to install this will open up applications again when they have expired in 6 months.

So the 120m is for this financial year for paid vouchers, so applications for new vouchers have stopped because the value of applied for vouchers is close to 120m not all of these applications will lead to a voucher being issued and not all of the issued vouchers will be claimed and will just expire. Thus applications will open up again, but when they do people will need to act quickly and not hesitate.

As the saying goes if you hesitate you master****

The total pot of money for this scheme is 500+m until 2017 it is just 120m this financial year, so just have to learn from this and be on the ball and act quickly when applications open again
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify, how does closing green deal scheme affect other schemes such as ECO, CSCO etc?

The reason I ask is because I had an epc and technical survey done on the walls and was told that I'm entitled to it, but they will need to apply for the funding. Also I was told I won't need to pay anything as the area that I live in is classed a low income area, hence I get it for free.
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Could someone please clarify, how does closing green deal scheme affect other schemes such as ECO, CSCO etc?

The reason I ask is because I had an epc and technical survey done on the walls and was told that I'm entitled to it, but they will need to apply for the funding. Also I was told I won't need to pay anything as the area that I live in is classed a low income area, hence I get it for free.

The green deal hasn't closed, the home improvement fund one small part of the Green Deal has temporarily closed for new applications.

This has no effect on ECO which is another part of the Green deal or any other parts of the Green Deal including cero hhcro csco ECO etc...
  • Ahh right I see. Thanks for that info captainhindsight.

I'm not sure which one applies to me, but the chap who came out to do the EPC and Technical Survey said that I was entitled to hard-to-treat cavity wall insulation, but because my area is classed as low-income, it is not exactly green deal and can be claimed free. Anyone know what he meant?
    948 Posts
    Yes, he's talking about ECO, specifically CSCO (Carbon Saving Community Obligation). Read: https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/helping-households-to-cut-their-energy-bills/supporting-pages/energy-companies-obligation-eco

Hard to treat (and in theory easy to treat too) CWI can also be classified under CERO.
  • Smiley_Dan wrote: »
    Yes, he's talking about ECO, specifically CSCO (Carbon Saving Community Obligation). Read: https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/helping-households-to-cut-their-energy-bills/supporting-pages/energy-companies-obligation-eco

Hard to treat (and in theory easy to treat too) CWI can also be classified under CERO.

Thank you very much for clarifying that Dan. Hopefully in that case I should be unaffected by the Green Deal closure :beer:
  • lstar337lstar337 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had about 150 gdar (thats £15,000 it cost me) which we did for free (on the requirement that we do the install and they apply for the voucher within 48 hours)
    Hold on, I thought you said the free assessments were pointless and 'you get what you pay for'?

I guess your free assessments are different.
    948 Posts
    Thank you very much for clarifying that Dan. Hopefully in that case I should be unaffected by the Green Deal closure :beer:

To be clear: it's not the Green Deal that has been closed, it's the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund, which is separate.

Unfortunate naming imo.

It would probably help these schemes, for all sorts of reasons (see my other posts), if they could find people that have actually successfully sold products and services before to head them, rather than administrators and bureaucrats who are just interested in their own jobs and building a bigger empire.
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Hold on, I thought you said the free assessments were pointless and 'you get what you pay for'?

I guess your free assessments are different.

This market changes very quickly, keep up... lol.

'Free' assessments are pointless if you want a valid report that shows true accurate recommendations for a whole house improvement.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides