Sky increasing charges by different amounts for same package!

Options
I got a letter from Sky saying it was increasing my monthly charge for the family bundle by £1.50 per month!

My mum got a letter saying they were increasing her monthly charge for the family bundle by £1.00 per month!

I also get phone and broadband from Sky, where as she doesn't, so I am a more valuable customer.

I've called them and they are refusing to change my increase to the same as hers. How is this fair or legal?

How much is everyone else's being increased by?

Comments

• benwarwick123
    Options
    Your increase is higher because your package price is cheaper from the pre price freeze days a few years ago, I take it you had a 1 - 6 mix package. Your mum would be paying the now going rate of £33 for the family bundle, how much do you pay for the family bundle if you don't mind me asking ? Also I have the Family bundle (£29.50)and got a £1.50 increase letter to (£31), if you go on Sky chat and say you are cancelling you can get 10% off for a year mine's now gone down to £27.90 and I will be negotiating again next year.

Kind Regards

Ben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rufus20 wrote: »
    I've called them and they are refusing to change my increase to the same as hers. How is this fair or legal?
    Fairness and legality don't come into it, I'm afraid. In addition, it's impossible to comment about the comparison you make between the two billing amounts without much more information. You also have a completely different package to your Mother.

You have the option to cancel if you don't want to pay the increase.
    How much is everyone else's being increased by?
    The price increases for all packages are on detailed the back page of the letter you received.
  • Rufus20
    Rufus20 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've spoken to Sky twice today and one said it was wrong and should have been £1 and the other said it was correct and was due to my family package being discounted.

They offered me loads of offers but I don't want to be signed into a contract as I want to move to Virgin next year when I move house. I tried to downgrade from Family to Variety and was told I couldn't as they has signed me to a year contract when I upgraded. I said that was complete BS as I would never have agreed to a contract when I knew I was moving. They finally agreed to downgrade without any exit fees.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've spoken to Sky twice today
    Just like you posted your initial query twice? :D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66096753&highlight=#post66096753
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

You have the option to cancel if you don't want to pay the increase.

Are you sure?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    digp wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    Yes, but only if you are out of the minimum term of course.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Since it's not a fixed price contract, they can in theory increase everyone's tariff by whatever amount they wish-there is no law that says everyone has to have the same increase applied.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport