This is not a joke I promise you...

Options
I've got Virgin XXL broadband (up to 120 mB)
XL TV and Talk anywhere 200 for £75 per month plus I pay £16 line rental. Just standard V box not even HD. Been with them years and the customer service is abysmal. I think they are having a laugh.
Barely know anything about IT but can anyone suggest something equivalent- hardly ever us their phone my mobile SIM is unlimited data and calls p month for £15 and the family run iPod x 2 iPad the wife's smartphone plus Apple TV and a speaker off it
Surely someone is pulling our pilsner?
Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you think they are "having a laugh" cancel and go elsewhere. Virgin will probably offer you a deal to stay.
    Plenty of other providers, check their websites for offers.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Other ADSL internet requires a landline in order to deliver the service, but as Virgin does not, why pay for an unused landline ?
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    The savings by ditching a Virgin land line are pretty small - typically BB + phone is only ~ £3 less than BB only because they discount the BB if you take the phone. I'm not even sure they'll provide TV unless you agree to take the landline.

The OP should have called for a better deal as soon as the original minimum term was up. They always offer discounts in exchange for a fresh minimum term. The best deals can only be got through the retentions depatrtment so never accept anything that is offered by a first line CS rep
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BoyG wrote: »
    I've got Virgin XXL broadband (up to 120 mB)
    XL TV and Talk anywhere 200 for £75 per month plus I pay £16 line rental. Just standard V box not even HD. Been with them years and the customer service is abysmal. I think they are having a laugh.
    Barely know anything about IT but can anyone suggest something equivalent- hardly ever us their phone my mobile SIM is unlimited data and calls p month for £15 and the family run iPod x 2 iPad the wife's smartphone plus Apple TV and a speaker off it
    Surely someone is pulling our pilsner?
    Thanks for any suggestions

Hi. The best advice I can offer you is pretty much as above. Find out what others will offer you. Ring Sky, BT and TalkTalk and write all their offers down, theres some pretty good deals out there at the moment.

Caveat - internet speeds are very important for DSL lines where live TV is concerned, 6Mbps should be fine. 3Mbps is OK for on demand only content. Or you could just consider fibre (if available).

Then, armed with the above info go back to Virgin and see what deal they will offer you to keep your business. If a deals there, its better to stay with your current provider than go through the hassle of changing to another.
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, get a ee simcard and pay 5 quid a month for internet, they do not cut you off if you go over 500mb you can still surf and facebook etc, and tether the internet to your devices via a hotspot on your phone. Then top up whatever you need for texts and calls on the sim, for tv get freeview like most other people have, bills are then reduced to around 10 per month instead of near 100
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport