Warning - Do not switch to EE Broadband

Options
12346»

Comments

• stressedtenant
    Options
    Warning to all users not to make the mistake and switch to EE Broadband.

Have to agree with this 100%. I decided to go to EE on the back of the amazon vouchers and have found the process of communicating with them, getting my broadband set up, one of the most stressful experiences with a service provider. I have been verging on tears of frustration on numerous phone calls to them which currently tally to 15 hours. My daily battle is with EE telephone customer service. Just the thought of it makes me feel ill.

To this date my broadband is still not active despite being ordered on the 26 September.

The complaints procedure is dreadful, emailed the broadband complaints team on October 31st - they say they try and respond within 72 hours, I am still waiting.

On top of this I have opened a mis-selling complaint with them too as the CSA said I could have a data boost on my EE phone as a result of my broadband but there is no record of it on their system so they are supposedly tracing the phone call.

I don't want the flipping amazon vouchers anymore - just want my broadband to work! EE will have got significant customers through the MSE deal and they should be treating all their customers much better.
  • Torres9
    Torres9 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have been unfortunate enough to lose our landline number of over 10 years thanks to the ineptitude of EE & TalkTalk. EE have told us that TalkTalk put a 'cease' on our number so when they stopped our service on 21st May we have been without a landline ever since. EE were quick to sign us up (7th May) but apart from 1 e-mail were not ready to take over on the 21st. They said our order hadn't been processed properly and were 'looking into it!' Fast forward to 29th May and EE sent me a text to say our broadband would be going 'live' from midnight! No prizes for guessing but we are still without broadband. As a previous poster stated EE are blaming TalkTalk and vice versa. We just want our old phone number back but according to bt that number has been 'stopped and cannot be retrieved'. My problem is if TalkTalk are being arsey about us leaving them by putting a 'cease'/stop on our number why are they saying it's down to EE? EE must want our custom so it is not in their interest to delay getting our phone number back but because of their overall service we have cancelled the order a month after applying and before it even got off the ground! Oh yes, the router turned up on 28th May - 21 days after the application.
  • parttimeskint
    parttimeskint Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Did you call talk talk originally and cancel your contract with them before ordering the service with EE?
  • Torres9
    Torres9 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you call talk talk originally and cancel your contract with them before ordering the service with EE?
    No. EE contacted us and we agreed to switch. TalkTalk sent letters asking us to contact them and because we didn't I reckon they put a stop on the transfer of our number for spite. They do it all the time. But EE are useless. We didn't receive the welcome pack they promised and all they sent was one letter confirming a change of phone line. They didn't know what was going on with my order so after 2 weeks I had to complete a fresh order but still no welcome pack. I cancelled the order through frustration of having no landline or broadband for nearly a month but they didn't even respond by text or e-mail, waste of time!

:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport