Options
2»

Comments

• Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    Isn't there some kind of license condition they need to meet?

Yes there is, it falls under Standards of Conduct (SoC)

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/press-releases/npower-halt-telesales-unless-it-resolves-billing-issues
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »

So they are going to hire a proper programmer, instead of buying a copy of Microsoft Access and Visual Basic, and ask the 12 year old son of the janitor to write the customer information system, then?
  • ejc81
    ejc81 Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    So they are going to hire a proper programmer, instead of buying a copy of Microsoft Access and Visual Basic, and ask the 12 year old son of the janitor to write the customer information system, then?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think the big 6 purposely make it a nightmare to switch suppliers so that joe public just doesn't bother so as to avoid the hassle.

Seriously it cannot be THAT difficult to type in a meter reading correctly and generate a factual bill!
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ejc81 wrote: »
    Seriously it cannot be THAT difficult to type in a meter reading correctly and generate a factual bill!

You have never seen how a FORTRAN programmer codes. :rotfl:
  • TOMAX1066
    Options
    Hi - I was supposed to receive a dual fuel refund in July from First Utility but after many e mails and phone call attempts / fob offs the refund has still not arrived.
    Before I take this further I have two questions:
    Why are First Utility still been promoted as a good company to swap to on this site? and

How can I get my money back?

I can not imagine I am the only one with this problem??
  • andymb2006
    Options
    First Utility have been billing me for four months post switching. They ate my credit on my account, £100's and ignore my twenty plus emails and hours of heartache on the phone. As a consumer I feel i do not exist as they continue to promise correction yet actually do nothing yet get confused and refuse ownership of their own monumental problems
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure