Npower final bill

Last October I noticed npower we're trying to take money out my account, after investigating this they told me I had set the account up and they could send me photo of the links, I haven't done this, so I had to close the account with my supplier which was sse and then npower would close my account and send me my final bill, so after all this the account was closed in November. I received an email in January to say sorry we haven't managed to send your bill yet it's on its way. I finally received the bill beginning of July this year, my query is how long have npower got to send the final bill, I believed they had a maximum of 8 weeks, just wanted to know if I was correct

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    They have up to six years before it's statute barred
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The back billing rules are fairly well defined and I believe only come into effect if nothing has happened after 12 months.
    The OP closed her account in October so well within the 12 month period, she's got to pay.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Last October I noticed npower we're trying to take money out my account, after investigating this they told me I had set the account up and they could send me photo of the links, I haven't done this, so I had to close the account with my supplier which was sse and then npower would close my account and send me my final bill, so after all this the account was closed in November. I received an email in January to say sorry we haven't managed to send your bill yet it's on its way. I finally received the bill beginning of July this year, my query is how long have npower got to send the final bill, I believed they had a maximum of 8 weeks, just wanted to know if I was correct

Hi Shopping girl,

Thank you for your message.

If you could email me your account details using the email address on our profile I'll be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Thanks
    Chris :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure