Not sure who to contact now?

Options
Hi all

I have a few store cards that I got in the past which I know I had PPI on but I know they've recently changed hands so I'm not sure who to contact now and would appreciate any advice offered.

The cards are:
  • Frasercard
  • Burton Menswear
  • Debenhams
  • Top Man

I know that they had been Santander but I'm not sure who is now looking after them.

Any advice appreciated as always.

Thanx

Steven

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    These are all with NewDay now.
  • u101440
    u101440 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thanx for that...off to have a look at this
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    u101440 wrote: »
    Thanx for that...off to have a look at this
    Do be aware that mis-selling complaints need to go to the original seller of the insurance and that any complaint dating from before January 2005 is pre-regulation and can be rejected on that basis for store cards.
  • u101440
    Options
    Oh dear...these cards go back to '96 (and further here) so I'd need to go to the originating seller (the cards were serviced by The First Personal bank plc from what I can at the back of the statements)...should it be them that I send the complaint to then? Suspect they are long gone now as well and no doubt it will be rejected but you never know lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    the cards were serviced by The First Personal bank plc from what I can at the back of the statements)...should it be them that I send the complaint to then?
    You send the complaint to the seller of the insurance, not the provider of the cards. The stores concerned are who you send your complaint to initially, but it was nine years prior to regulation and so you will have no access to the Ombudsman.
  • u101440
    Options
    Thanx again...but the "Premium to Protect Payments" appears on the statements and doesn't appear to go to a third-party so that's why I thought it would be the card issuer that I'd need to go back to here.

Yet another dumb question then...if it's not the card issuer, how do I find out who I should be sending my complaint to?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 2 July 2014 at 11:30AM
    Options
    ..if it's not the card issuer, how do I find out who I should be sending my complaint to?
    Frasercard- House of Fraser
    Burton Menswear- Burton's
    Debenhams- Debenham's
    Top Man-Top Man.
    Assuming you bought the insurance in store when you applied for the cards.

When you doubtless get (pre-regulation) rejection letters from these stores, you may (in certain instances) be then able to pursue the actual insurer. However, 1996 is 18 years ago and nine years prior to regulation of general insurance sales.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure