Disney DVD's

Options
I wanted to get some Disney DVD's for my daughter as she is 3 now and is starting to have an attention span that will last long enough for a movie! However I'm not sure where would be best to get them and also if there are any offers on (BOGOF etc). It's years since I bought DVD's so I'm a bit out of the loop. The only high street shop we have near us is HMV but I can't access the DVD section on their website to see what they have. I have never tried Play.com so maybe someone could advise if they're any good? I would do Amazon but their delivery charges are extortionate (even for UK delivery - I got a 1p book a few months ago and the delivery charges - within the UK - was nearly £5!) so I refuse to buy from them. Can anyone suggest anything? Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• fireyfirenze
    fireyfirenze Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    do you go to a supermarket? I often find in tesco, Asda etc they sometimes have offers on Disney DVDs such as bogof or 2 for £15, something like that. you could check each time you went see if there are any offers. tesco have some quite cheap ones at the moment - http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294839729&searchquery=disney+dvd&SrchId=4294967294 hope that link works, for example tangled for £7 is quite cheap I think, and you could click and collect :)
  • I_try
    I_try Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    I have just seen as advert for Sainsburys saying they have Disney dvd offers on, I can't get it on their site so probably updating the pages at the moment, maybe worth a look tomorrow? Be a little careful with the BOGOF offers as often put the price up so worth checking prices of single films on amazon before you go.

I find Amazon are often good for their prices on dvd's and don't charge delivery on them if supplied by them rather than a seller.

When you start buying do keep the movie reward codes that come in a leaflet inside most of the Disney dvd's. Sign up to the Disney movie rewards site and input the codes and they add up to free dvd's. I've had quite a few free ones now and the ones they send have a code in too!! :-)
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    the current Disney DVD offers are from £3, in Asda, Tesco, and probably Sainsburys and Morrisons too. This was already the offer instore today in Tesco -

http://www.tesco.com/direct/disney-summer-magic.event?selected-sort-option=%0D%0ABest+Sellers+&icid=dvd_main_slot1&sortBy=3
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    You could also look in charity shops and at car boots :money:
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • BAGGY
    BAGGY Posts: 522 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bootsales sometimes have kids dvds(not copies though) - not always Disney. My two loved Tom and Jerry films and anything slap stick. Home alone, Mr Bean, Ice age, Shrek, garfield, were favorites at one point
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Treat yourself - get Smallfilms stuff - Ivor the engine, Clangers, Bagpuss, Mr.Benn etc. That way when it goes on for the nineteenth time this week, you don't *instantly* plan to take the batteries out of the remote.

Libraries do DVDs for £1 a week & if something becomes Very Popular, you can target getting your own copy or explaining some other child needs a turn....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure