🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Disney DVD's

Options
I wanted to get some Disney DVD's for my daughter as she is 3 now and is starting to have an attention span that will last long enough for a movie! However I'm not sure where would be best to get them and also if there are any offers on (BOGOF etc). It's years since I bought DVD's so I'm a bit out of the loop. The only high street shop we have near us is HMV but I can't access the DVD section on their website to see what they have. I have never tried Play.com so maybe someone could advise if they're any good? I would do Amazon but their delivery charges are extortionate (even for UK delivery - I got a 1p book a few months ago and the delivery charges - within the UK - was nearly £5!) so I refuse to buy from them. Can anyone suggest anything? Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• fireyfirenze
    fireyfirenze Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    do you go to a supermarket? I often find in tesco, Asda etc they sometimes have offers on Disney DVDs such as bogof or 2 for £15, something like that. you could check each time you went see if there are any offers. tesco have some quite cheap ones at the moment - http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294839729&searchquery=disney+dvd&SrchId=4294967294 hope that link works, for example tangled for £7 is quite cheap I think, and you could click and collect :)
  • I_try
    I_try Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    I have just seen as advert for Sainsburys saying they have Disney dvd offers on, I can't get it on their site so probably updating the pages at the moment, maybe worth a look tomorrow? Be a little careful with the BOGOF offers as often put the price up so worth checking prices of single films on amazon before you go.

I find Amazon are often good for their prices on dvd's and don't charge delivery on them if supplied by them rather than a seller.

When you start buying do keep the movie reward codes that come in a leaflet inside most of the Disney dvd's. Sign up to the Disney movie rewards site and input the codes and they add up to free dvd's. I've had quite a few free ones now and the ones they send have a code in too!! :-)
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    the current Disney DVD offers are from £3, in Asda, Tesco, and probably Sainsburys and Morrisons too. This was already the offer instore today in Tesco -

http://www.tesco.com/direct/disney-summer-magic.event?selected-sort-option=%0D%0ABest+Sellers+&icid=dvd_main_slot1&sortBy=3
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    You could also look in charity shops and at car boots :money:
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • BAGGY
    BAGGY Posts: 522 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bootsales sometimes have kids dvds(not copies though) - not always Disney. My two loved Tom and Jerry films and anything slap stick. Home alone, Mr Bean, Ice age, Shrek, garfield, were favorites at one point
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,914 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Treat yourself - get Smallfilms stuff - Ivor the engine, Clangers, Bagpuss, Mr.Benn etc. That way when it goes on for the nineteenth time this week, you don't *instantly* plan to take the batteries out of the remote.

Libraries do DVDs for £1 a week & if something becomes Very Popular, you can target getting your own copy or explaining some other child needs a turn....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport