Full monty ee t-mobile charges

My daughter has had a contract since August 2013 - the full Monty - no problems until we get the May bill - then after lots of queries received the combined June bill of £1500 - apparently her friend who used to have a T-Mobile phone has upgraded to EE and apparently this is not included a one of the inclusive numbers in her Tariff - at no time were we aware of this - we thought they were now one company. Still trying to resolve this but customer service is a nightmare have sent email and registered letter - received an email from them saying the bill must be paid - at a loss - had we been aware that her friend upgrading to EE meant she was outside of the free calls to T-Mobile we would have done something about this. Can anyone help!!!!:(

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your daughter ran up £1500 in call charges to her friend in 2 months? :eek:
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    OP I sympathise with your situation, but T-Mobile are technically correct. Your daughter is allowed inclusive calls to T-Mobile numbers, but her friend has changed networks and is now on EE. Even though Orange/EE/T-mobile are owned by the same company, they are seperate networks, and calls between these networks are classed as calling a different network.

I would like to think that if you take this further up the line with T-Mobile will be sympathetic in this case, and either reduce the bill or wipe completely, especially as all their phones now say "EE" along the network bar at the top!

As much as 99% of people who run up huge mobile bills are at fault, I think your daughter is in the 1% who is not at fault, and in this case I believe she should get it wiped. Best of luck, hope you get it sorted.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Jackiemj wrote: »
    My daughter has had a contract since August 2013 - the full Monty - no problems until we get the May bill - then after lots of queries received the combined June bill of £1500 - apparently her friend who used to have a T-Mobile phone has upgraded to EE and apparently this is not included a one of the inclusive numbers in her Tariff -

You might want to check the price plan again, the T-Mobile Full Monty plans include calls to all UK mobile networks.
    Your inclusive minutes and texts are from the UK to UK mobile networks, voicemail and numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 (excluding Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man). Calls to numbers beginning with 08 are not included in your inclusive minutes.

http://e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/T-Mobile/Price-plans-and-cost/May%202013/EE81005397_FullMonty_080513.pdf

If she is on the Full Monty, and calls to EE have been charged outside allowance, it's incorrect billing.
    ====
  • martin.cat
    martin.cat Posts: 238 Forumite
    Escalate to the executive office and the minimum compensation they will offer is 2 months line rental
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 June 2014 at 10:22PM
    What does her Full Monty come with? I think originally it was unlimited mins/data/text but latterly had 2000 mins inclusive.

What does her billing data show as being the cause of this excessive bill?

Go online to her account, check what her plan includes and check her last couple of bills.

There are cases where some numbers aren't included in your monthly allowance like Lyca mobile numbers if I recall but Tmob to EE should have come out of her minutes, unless she exceeded the monthly allowance of course, if there is one.

I hate to say but I assume no one has checked the account for the last few months then? I check mine regulary to make sure no shenanigans occur.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport