Harringtons Advisory???

Options

Comments

• RSharkey95
    Options
    In regards to this. Letters Of Authority (LOA) which will have been in your original welcome pack or may have been sent out during the claim actually expire after 6 months, so it may be a case of the claim has progressed but in the time the LOA has expired and after its expired the banks may request a new one to show that the company still have authority to act on your behalf. The company should have contacted you to make you aware a new one is needed and that they've sent one out to you and you should have received one, with the company not receiving it back, the bank will then of got in contact with you to see if you still wish for said company to investigate it.
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    michwalk I do not understand why you would plaster up all these numbers in your above post and I would guess these have nothing to do with the Company in this thread, If you get an irate person looking here they may decide to start ringing these numbers and if they are peoples residential ones it is far from fair, They need to be removed and only details that are correct should be put in posts, Guess work here is really stupid and can cause some people issues.

I have marked it as spam in any event just in case you do not remove them.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Harrington Advisory also share the same address of a suspected "free pension review" scam operating under the name of Pensions Legal Ltd. pensions Legal Ltd used to be called HARRINGTONS CHILDCARE CENTRES LIMITED.

They are not on the FCA register but cold calling people offering free pension reviews. Free pension review cold calling is a common scam. To be doing regulated activities whilst unregulated is unlawful.

So, it looks like they are branching out into other dodgy areas.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Harrington Advisory also share the same address of a suspected "free pension review" scam operating under the name of Pensions Legal Ltd. pensions Legal Ltd used to be called HARRINGTONS CHILDCARE CENTRES LIMITED.

They are not on the FCA register but cold calling people offering free pension reviews. Free pension review cold calling is a common scam. To be doing regulated activities whilst unregulated is unlawful.

So, it looks like they are branching out into other dodgy areas.
    I just got a yellow card for using the term "scam" in a post here.

However, it does appear to be a criminal offence under the the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

So I am not going to say it is a scam. However, I do think it is a crime.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got a yellow card for using the term "scam" in a post here.

However, it does appear to be a criminal offence under the the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

So I am not going to say it is a scam. However, I do think it is a crime.

Well, in case someone decides to do the same here, I give the following link from the pensions regulator, pensions advisory service and the FCA
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/how-to-spot-a-pension-scam
    http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/pension-problems/making-a-complaint/common-concerns/pension-scams
    https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/financial-services-products/pensions/protect
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • bedra59
    Options
    Hi,
    I signed up with Harringtons Advisory in February 2015 - biggest mistake I have ever made!! In all that time I have had 2 small PPI reclaims sorted out. I have at least a further 10 reclaim investigations still pending! I can't believe it would take this long and have complained on numerous occasions......nothing changes though!!
    For the past 6 weeks or so I have been trying to contact Harringtons Advisory both by phone and by email without any success. I am getting concerned now as no one ever answers the phone or my emails!!
    Please......does anyone know what's going on? I have heard that they are under investigation.
    My husband is with a different company and has sorted all his PPI reclaims in just 3 months? Can I go with another company or am I stuck with Harringtons Advisory?

Thanks!
  • TheMobileRooster
    Options
    Harringtons Advisory certainly does appear to be a slick operation - akin to an oil slick.
    They have a line of patter that even Michael MacIntyre would find funny.
    The appear to use multiple local STD codes/numbers that cannot be called without some inane recorded soundtrack being played.
    The Bury,Manchester number is continually engaged after an initial ring tone/connection and then nothing.

There is nothing whatsoever legal and proper about the documentation - it is all based on a total deception and must have cost a great-deal of money to set-up.
    The original sets of documents were sent out in a really smart Black semi-hard folder but lately they are just folded and sent out in a plain white A5 envelope.
    This extremely deceptive set-up should have been shut-down by now and their various agents taken down with them.
    The last one that contacted me was on a local 01704 261985 that immediately goes into a Piano Concerto - she went by the somewhat imaginative name of Jasmine.
  • For any crazies on here who wish to visit them in person, their call centre address is:
    Stonecross House, 21-27 Churchgate, Bolton, BL1 1YA
  • JK064
    Options
    Harringtons have been pestering me with phone calls for months. Initially, out of curiosity, I agreed to be sent forms to fill in in order to claim PPI (which they told me was definitely due) but I decided not to go any further after discovering they charge 39% + VAT and not being totally sure it wasn't a scam. Warning bells started to ring when I discovered they sometimes ring using my local dialling code making me think it's a local call from a friend. After telling them I no longer wanted to proceed the follow up calls from them have been persistent and annoying. How can I block their phone calls when they use so many different numbers?
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    Every time the call send the following e-mail to [EMAIL="enquiries@harringtonsadvisory.co.uk"]enquiries@harringtonsadvisory.co.uk[/EMAIL] with a copy to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk

Subject Title FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST HARRINGTONS ADVISORY.

I wish to make a FORMAL COMPLAINT that, despite repeated requests to cease and desist from contacting me at [time] on [date] you again made a call to my telephone number [number].

I demand that you write to you immediately cease making telephone calls to me.

I further demand that you write to me at [address] with a suitable offer of redress for the distress and inconvenience that your harrassment of me has caused.

I understand that you have eight weeks from the date of this e-mail to do this and that if you fail to provide me with a response that I find satisfactory within that time I shall be entitled to take the matter to the Legal Ombudsman.

A copy of this e-mail is being sent to your regulator.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure