Car rental through Dollar - San Francisco to LA

Hi guys

Two friends and I are travelling to California from Ireland in just over a week. Arrive in San Francisco on 8 July to stay for a few days before renting a car to travel down the coast to LA.

We have rented and prepaid for a car through rentalcars.com with Dollar being the supplier. We collect the car on 13 July from Dan Francisco International Airport before returning it to Los Angeles International Airport on 16 July. Have emailed Dollar separately to confirm our booking.

Just wanted to hear people's views and experiences with Dollar? Have been reading some bad stories about poor service and hidden charges added onto the bill when you go to collect the car. I'm prepared for the upselling attempts from any car rental company so would we be OK as long as we don't accept any change from our original booking?

Thanks

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Be very aware of what you are signing for when you pick the car up.

The only time I have been caught was at Dollar LAX when I specifically asked that I was only signing for what I had prepaid for, was told yes but I was tired and the text is very small and I actually signed for extra insurances that ended up costing me about $200.

I have also used Dollar at LAS many times and never had an issue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport