LLoyds clicksafe

Options
Try as I might I can't find the link to register my debit card with Clicksafe - anyone have a link?

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't need to register, it works automatically
    .lloydsbank. com/ credit-cards/ clicksafe.asp
  • baggers02
    baggers02 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I did think you had to register your card - isn't this their version of verified by visa?
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Lloyds_Bank Posts: 377 Organisation Representative
    Options
    baggers02 wrote: »
    Try as I might I can't find the link to register my debit card with Clicksafe - anyone have a link?

Hi baggers02

Though our Clicksafe service did used to require registration (including the setup of a password), all personal debit cards are now automatically covered, so there's no need for any manual registration.

I hope this helps.

Graeme
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
  • baggers02
    Options
    Hi baggers02

Though our Clicksafe service did used to require registration (including the setup of a password), all personal debit cards are now automatically covered, so there's no need for any manual registration.

I hope this helps.

Graeme

Thanks, but how does it protect me if I no longer have to enter a password for online transactions, I thought that was the whole point of verified by visa?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clicksafe will ask you random questions if it isn't 100% satisfied that it's the card user is using the card. It is quite a smart system. Similar system is also used by Nationwide.
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Options
    Thanks, but how does it protect me if I no longer have to enter a password for online transactions, I thought that was the whole point of verified by visa?

Thanks baggers02

In general terms, Clicksafe assesses each transaction you make for potential risk, either allowing the transaction to be completed automatically, asking you for further info before completion, or declining the transaction altogether.

You can find more information about Clicksafe by clicking here, or our Clicksafe team are available to speak with on 0845 300 0044.

Graeme
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
  • baggers02
    Options
    Thanks baggers02

In general terms, Clicksafe assesses each transaction you make for potential risk, either allowing the transaction to be completed automatically, asking you for further info before completion, or declining the transaction altogether.

You can find more information about Clicksafe by clicking here, or our Clicksafe team are available to speak with on 0845 300 0044.

Graeme

Thanks for your reply Graeme - appreciate it.
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Graeme - appreciate it.

You're most welcome, baggers02. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Graeme

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    You're most welcome, baggers02. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Graeme

Out of interest are you planning on rolling out Clicksafe to support Amex Safekey as well on the Amex Avios cards (BarclayCard already does)? Some websites in Europe will only accept Amex if the card is SafeKey enabled.
  • Lloyds_Bank
    Options
    Out of interest are you planning on rolling out Clicksafe to support Amex Safekey as well on the Amex Avios cards (BarclayCard already does)? Some websites in Europe will only accept Amex if the card is SafeKey enabled.

Hi reclusive46

Thanks for your query. We do have plans to introduce SafeKey support for our Clicksafe Service, though I'm afraid I don't have a timescale for this at the moment.

I hope this helps.

Graeme

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure