What I recieved wasn't what I ordered

Options
Hi all,

The other day I ordered 10 yankee candle tarts for £9.45
Link here

But yesterday when I opened the envelope I received the items shown in the picture below (2 yankee candle tarts and a ipod cable)

I've put in a case that the item wasn't as described but the seller doesn't seem to be responding.

Will I get my money back?

BrEkfjbCAAAbqew.jpg:large

Comments

• This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Why didn't you just ask a question first rather than opening a case? The sellers details are on the listing.

By opening a case you've put a black mark on the seller's account (a defect) and that stays on their record regardless if your case gets resolved.
  • xcarlyx
    xcarlyx Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've e-mailed them and they didn't reply.
  • This_Year
    Options
    Before or after opening the case?
  • xcarlyx
    Options
    Before.

Just spoke to them verbally - Apparently the Royal Mail has messed about with it? and magically put an ipod cable in?
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Carly, looks like you did things correctly, message seller to try and resolve and after no reply then opened a case.

Whether Royal Mail did "mess about" with the parcel is irrelevant.

The seller needs to put this right by refunding or sending you another 8 tarts.

If they ask for you to return the cable, or all 3 items, ask for them to send you a pre paid label, if they say no, escalate the case then PHONE ebay straight away and tell them you are not happy having to pay return postage because of a sellers error.
  • xcarlyx
    Options
    Also he found it funny about the ipod cable.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm still getting buyers to open cases - don't worry about that.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still getting buyers to open cases - don't worry about that.

Probably worth a gamble if you are selling hundreds of things a week and only get occasional INRs or SNADs. Whilst this seller appears to have.a brilliant turnover we have no idea what their general INR or SNAD rate is.

Opening a case, whilst justified in this instance, should not be a course recommended by us to buyers generally . My turnover is low but luckily my INR and SNAD rate also low but I would sill not generally encourage buyers to potentially wreck a sellers ability to sell.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know your opinion on this soolin, but regardless of how pro sellers feel about the new system from eBay, it's not the buyers problem, nor should it be.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • This_Year
    Options
    Agreed, but it's always better to contact the seller to let them have a chance to resolve it before a case is opened. Keeps the lines of communications open and the seller is probably going to be more inclined to put things right. No good seller wants to have unhappy customers.

We all can make mistakes but what counts is what the seller is willing to do to rectify them.

Bit silly of this seller to say that RM tampered with the parcel though, sounds like he panicked and said the first thing that came into his head! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure