Non financial retirement planning?

13»

Comments

• PennyForThem_2
    PennyForThem_2 Posts: 1,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    zygurat789 wrote: »
    Actually if you read the op you will see it specifically EXcludes anything to do with money or finance. I would have said that this is a little more than a minor concern, it is, in fact, germaine to the reasons for posting anything on this thread. If you just want to yak and gossip watch loose women or go to the arms. the latter was, incidentally, advice given to the OP on another thread.
    I wonder how long it will be before your post gets expunged, using words like that tut tut..

No problem there - are you on the autistic spectrum? If you are I understand.

I really don't understand your stance on this - the question of the OP isn't necesarily quantative - it is qualitative - this is accepted in research circles and I don't see why it shouldn't be on this board.

He is asking a 'what if' question. There is no absolute quantative answer - what is your problem? The answers to his question on a board that actually focusses on ppl of the correct age will inform him to his money saving options - not true necessarily of a general discussion board.

If the OP went to a general discussion board it is likely the OP would not get any answers that would be useful.

If you have a problem with this - why are you here?
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

I really don't understand your stance on this - the question of the OP isn't necesarily quantative - it is qualitative - this is accepted in research circles and I don't see why it shouldn't be on this board.

He is asking a 'what if' question. There is no absolute quantative answer - what is your problem? The answers to his question on a board that actually focusses on ppl of the correct age will inform him to his money saving options - not true necessarily of a general discussion board.

If the OP went to a general discussion board it is likely the OP would not get any answers that would be useful.

What a load of PC mumbo jumbo waffle.
    If you read the op it CLEARLY states he wants nothing to do with any financial areas at all he has only posted it for a load of old ladies yaking.
    It has no place on this board
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • whodathunkit
    whodathunkit Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    zygurat789 wrote: »
    What a load of PC mumbo jumbo waffle.
    If you read the op it CLEARLY states he wants nothing to do with any financial areas at all he has only posted it for a load of old ladies yaking.
    It has no place on this board

Who are you calling a lady?!:eek:
  • mr.wendal
    mr.wendal Posts: 22
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Most of my retirement activities actually cost me very little.

It is good to do things that enable you to mix with people of different ages, as otherwise it is easy to find you are only seeing other retired people
    But the free bus pass, once you are old enough, is so useful.

Hope this helps the OP and is still MSE!

Thanks for this I think its a very good point about mixing with all ages
    :) Wendal
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'm not gone from work yet...but will be in 15 working days! Yey hey!

I am taking early retirement. Life's too short and all that, and finances are ok to sustain it.

So I intend to do NOTHING for a few weeks apart from a few breaks away with partner, then sister, then me on my own (empowering me and building my confidence!)

Then... One day a week I will continue my Tourism Ambassador role, (voluntary) am doing it now on Saturdays, it's magic! The season here is all year round more or less.

Then one day a week me and Better Half will explore our immediate surroundings. Or within an hour or so of same. Never had time before and theres lots to see and do.

Then one day a week walking in different areas around with my sister who is early retired six months now.

Then one day a week for a class in French.

The rest of the time is my own.

The above plan will change and evolve of course, but that's the gist of it.

The main thing is to rest a while. Too many people think they have to jump immediately into an even busier world than work.

I dont!

OP, I wish you well. Enjoy.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,389
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds like a good plan, Melanzana.

I do quite a few U3A groups, monthly, then tai chin weekly, but I still have time to relax.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    pollypenny wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan, Melanzana.

I do quite a few U3A groups, monthly, then tai chin weekly, but I still have time to relax.

Well we all know the old saying....

"Man plans, and God laughs"

So my Plans are very fluid. But with a teeny bit of structure!

And relaxing and smelling the roses now and then is a good reward for umpteen years of working imv!

Thanks.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,389
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Exactly! You do have to prune the blighters and take every black-spotted leaf off, too, though! :D
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • zygurat789
    Forumite
    Who are you calling a lady?!:eek:

OK like a load of old women yakking.
  • zygurat789
    Forumite

Ah Yes the fashionable new insult.
    I read today that This insult was also directed at Adrian Newey, described as the greatest living British engineer.
    This is obviously what this country needs, people who can see what needs to be done, what is right and correct and go and do it.
    I'm quite happy to be insulted in the same way as Adrian.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure