Whats the best fitness dvd to exercise at home to?

Options
Hi

I don't like going to the gym as im a bit shy, but I would like to start doing some exercise at home.

I used to exercise at home with a dvd years ago and really got on a roll with it.

Any suggestions on what fitness dvd's are currently considered to be the best/most effective?

Thanks

Comments

• roobee13
    roobee13 Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Hi OP,

I'm a big fan of Jillian Michaels - 30 day shred is amazing! I bought it as a pack of 4 on Amazon for less than £20, well worth the money I think. I don't use the rest of the pack as much but they're also really good!

I bought Davina's fit in 15 a few months ago but haven't actually taken it out the wrapping yet, oops. I've heard really good things about it though.

Advantage of both is that they're compacted (30 day shred is about 25 mins) and there are variances to most exercises so you can make it as difficult as you want it to be.

Hope this helps :)
  • babycham4
    babycham4 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi i started on the 30 day shred 5 days ago,i am not fit at all but am determined to give it a good go. i have never seen or heard of jillian before i stumbled upon her as i was searching online for fitness dvd's,wow is she tough lol.wish me luck and maybe in a few months i will be able to get back into my wardrobe.:) :)
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Level 1 of the 30 day shred is on YouTube so you can try before you buy.

Then if you like it, it is avalable for a fiver on Amazon.

My wife uses it along with her jogging (just entered her first half marathon) and it has really helped with toning and strength.

Just seen level 2 is posted now as well.
  • lavandergirl_2
    Options
    P90x

It has strenghtening exercises, aerobic, yoga, stretching.
    Do Something Amazing- Give Blood
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Me, I'm a fan of "The Full Monty", but that's probably not shelved under "fitness" even though the music is great.
  • heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Insanity, if you really fancy a challenge :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    What level are you starting at OP, do you have any injuries? Be careful jumping in with some of the high impact ones, you could end up hurting yourself!
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    another Ms Micheals fan here ...
    done the following
    30 day shred - good short workout
    ripped in 30 - step up from shred finidhed but didnt enjoy it that much
    6 week 6 pack (mix of cardio and strength) - love this
    banish fat boost metabolism (cardio) - again love
    no more trouble zones (strength) - yep love again

I have completed them all but at the minute i have went back to 6W6P one day then BFBM & NMTZ the next day .. i do these alternating days and have a monday off (the double days are a killer but i feel sooo good after )

She is hard but you do feel like you have had a good workout !
    I havent lost much weight but i havent got that much if any to loose but i am massively fitter and stronger

oh and most if not all these are on youtube as i normally have a look to see what they are like before i get the DVD, and these are only around £5 in HMV.
    lisa.
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • aygotaclue
    Options
    Hi all

thank you for your replies.

it appears jillian michaels is coming out on top then, I too had never heard of her so I utubed as suggested and yeah I think I'm going to give that one a try.

tomtontom no I dont have any injuries just a bit of a tight muscle thing going on in my back at present so I guess I will have to be careful with that.

Thanks again thats been a big help
  • babycham4
    babycham4 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can i really lose my flabby belly with just the 30 day shred,i am not dieting as such although i do eat quite healthy.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure