My Sky problems since I cancelled

Options
I'm not sure if anybody else has had this problem, but on Sunday I cancelled my Sky as my 50% off for the year deal was about to end, so I gave my 31 days notice.

They did not make any efforts to keep me, despite putting me through to retentions, which is fine, I don't have a divine right to any discount and probably won't get offered anything.

However, I had read that people who had cancelled had various offers open to them when logging into My Sky, so I thought I would have a look to see if I had anything. When I tried to log in, I got a message saying: "Sorry, this page isn't available at the moment. Please try again later. In the meantime, check out My Sky to manage your account and more."

I have tried to go to the My Sky homepage though and I get the same message. Is there any reason why this happens? Has anyone else had the same problem? My account is still active for another 29 days yet and I still have another payment due in June.

Comments

• Jay1980
    Jay1980 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    The My Sky page is down so give them time to fix that. In the meantime It's been said many times you have to hang tight and wait for Sky to call you! Best deals are normally available after 31 days cancellation period has expired. I handed in the notice nearly 3 weeks ago and so far rejected two offers of 35% off deals. I am holding out for 50% or 60%. If you can hold out longer, you might get 75% off! That's only if you go cold turkey for few months! Good luck mate!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MySky is still up the creek this a.m -think this price rise might drive me to cancel -once I find out what it is!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure