What's this type of cardigan called?

in Crafting
4 replies 1.2K views
AmesAmes Forumite
18.5K Posts
Hi all.

I want to knit myself a cardigan and found some lovely wool today that would be perfect for the style I want. The problem is I can't find a pattern. I think it's because I'm using the wrong words when I'm searching for one. So can anyone help me with what the proper name is?

I want something like this:


Thanks in advance for any help.
Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.


  • shiprob195shiprob195 Forumite
    746 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Is it called a waterfall cardigan?
    How about this pattern......http://www.modernknitting.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12059362
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

    :rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • ValliValli Forumite
    24K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edge to edge?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

    Thank you Honey Bear
  • AmesAmes Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I should have been clearer, it's more the loose/open style of the fabric that I'm looking for, to make it sort of see through and lacy. Or is that not down to the pattern but down to me to alter the guage?

    No wonder I can't find the right pattern! Maybe I should just stick to scarves.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • building_with_legobuilding_with_lego Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    That's the looser knit, then. The waterfall is the cardie which has folds rather than a fastening at the front.

    You need to find out what size needles and what thickness wool you need- I'd think bigger needles than usual would give the see-through quality you're after.
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users...

...to pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools